Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Woodstock, ON

Overall the work is pretty straightforward the people are good to work with but the assistant management sucks there is no communication most managers talk down or treat you like you are replaceable not all the managers are like this but some have no respect.
Pros
Great people to work with easy enough work
Cons
Management sucks
Management is awful. Lots of favortism. Lots of dumb stuff. They don’t like moving people around to accommodate health aspects at all. Don’t care if your well being no matter what your health is like.
Cons
I enjoyed my job. Stressful at times with having to ask customers at different times if they wanted to donate money to different charities. Co workers made the shifts go by quickly. Supervisor seemed to be not an approachable person but I believe the supervisor I had is no longer there.
Pros
hours available if you wanted more
Cons
can cut hours down
Unless you like too work hard , required to put forth an effort more than other associates in order to complete your own personal work requirements. Bring Health and Safety issues to your managers who don't act upon correcting the issues for you and the buying customers safety. Managers who disclose personal information to other store associates. Managers and support managers working unsafely and working in such a manor that it puts other workers/associates at a potential risk of slips ,trips and fall injuries. No quality control or working improvements given by any form of managers or higher up to improve associates abilities or improve upon efficiency and to do the job correctly. Requests for products to be brought down from a high storage location from back warehouse takes multiple requests over multiple days. Broken , missing and unusable items are either left on the sales floor or left in the back part of the store with hand written sign of " do not use" instead of being repaired or discarded for safety of the customers , employees and general look of the store. This is the responsibility and care that is needed from the store owner to the newly hired associate. Senior managers critizing about other work groups not doing their jobs. Washrooms in disrepair, weeks to fix broken toilets and urinals if not longer. . If you like to smell body odour of associates both men and women. Dirty , hot, fly infested, having to listen to video chat phone calls in non English, during breaks in the lunch room. Having other ethnic groups talk their native - more...
Pros
Associate discount card given after 3 months of employment.
Cons
Everything listed above in comment section.
Great team and productive work environment. I learned how to handle the customers in the best possible way. Management is so helpful and flexible to any new employee.
I worked at this location for over a year, amoungst the year I was there I had shifts switched without my consent resulting in myself or others being no shows and leaving us short staffed.
A typical day at work was fast-paced but the way management organized it wasn't the best. Many people quit after a short amount of time working for the company because of the environment and the way we were treated by some coworkers and management.
Walmart makes their employees in the produce department feel important and valued, the work can be tough and fast paced but there are always fellow employees willing to assist you. The management team is also very accommodating.
great place to work, coworkers were nice to spend time with, management was willing to step in when store was short-handed (very important in my opinion)
I loved all of my co-workers and management was always super helpful. overall great environment to be in most days. would highly recommend as a place to work
management never knows whats going on and hours are always changing per week but most of the other employees are pretty decent and you also get benefits
Pros
decent pay for the work
Cons
bad managment
Restock returned and let behind stock. Zone the store. Staff Electronics Cash when needed Cover breaks in Electronics, photo lab. greeters Safety Sweeps Retrieve Online orders for customers Help customers in the store that need help finding things
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Lack of staff for expected tasks
I enjoyed my job as a cashier at Walmart. I enjoyed interacting with most customers and I made many great friends while working there. I learned different ways to handle customers that were unhappy or happy and overall enhanced my people skills. The hardest part of the job was standing in one place for an entire 8 hour shift. I was hard on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the job was the 10 percent discount on anything you buy from the store.
working at Walmart I always feel comfortable to express any concerns I have, either with the schedule, another associate or just my well being. The staff care so much about their co-workers and customers. The managers are very friendly and understanding, they too care about their co-workers and want what's best for them. The management team understands that if their staff are happy then their customers are happy and everything will run smooth.
Pros
Greats hours and long lunch breaks
Cons
Store becomes very busy
Your entire existance belongs to Walmart. No family time, they will guilt you into coming in on days off or staying longer. They will make you feel as if your needs are just impossible or against policy. There is no growth, you will be part time from the time you start until the time you finally give up and quit.
Walmart was a good place to work at, going to work was always easy. different days different incentives to increase work ethics. games and cometitions to boost moral as well.
The people that I've worked with are amazing and friendly people. Was definitely the environment of a second family. Though management at Walmart is extremely poor. Rarely does a claim get taken seriously nor your availability for the job.
Pros
Great amount of breaks and lunch and amazing people to work with
Cons
Poor management. Claims are not taken seriously and poorly work around your hours available
I loved my job in the deli/bakery and worked with great people but management could not follow a steady schedule and, even after having my manager ask, write down, and me giving my availability in at least 7 times, I was constantly scheduled to work on days and during hours that I was in class.
Pros
discount at mcdonald's and walmart, and generous breaks.
Cons
schedules
variety of positions available, often can rotate so it's not boring. I like the bright atmosphere, kept awake. pretty normal pay and hours are flexible.
Pros
flexible, fun
Cons
lots of people call in sick
Worked there for a while throughout high school, very welcoming job with some cool perks and exclusive things you get since being hired. Would recommend.
Great job to start in and they are always hiring. Very nice towards employees and are easy going around students. Offer discounts towards employees as well.
Pros
Discounts and Easy Going
Cons
Could be repetitive