Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Woodstock, NB

Dealing with unhappy customers is the hardest part of the job. Short shifts can make it hard to make enough money to pay your bills if you cant car pool or walk there.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
short shifts makes it hard to pay for gas and bills
This job is not for slackers, you will be doing multiple tasks at once as it can get a bit demanding. Do your job well and listen to you supervisors and you'll move up!
very flexible when it comes to student workers. but pay is terrible for the work they expect from you. can not afford to live a very good life if it were your only job
working at walmart is good experience for high school students to learn about work ethic. for full time workers not a good place unless management which is hard to get to. sub par benefits. toxic work atmosphere.
Staff wasn't very effective, management wasn't either. people always put their work on you and management doesn't do anything about it. there is so much drama in the store and it is very gross. the job is just boring to begin with.
I love working at Walmart, the people I work with are like family to me. On a typical day working at walmart I encounter tons of lovely people and sometimes not so lovely customers! I am learning to be more patient and friendly to people because treating people negatively affects their day. The management team is all so friendly and I am not afraid to go to them if I ever have a problem (which I haven't!!). I love when I can help people at work with problems like the placing of an item or with the pricing of an item.
Pros
The people and the amount of hours I get part-time
Cons
standing for so long
My daily routine included helping other either find the items they were looking for ,I was surprised of the things I learned from the customers about products and what they have experienced. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with everyone help was easy to find. I would say that the hardest part would be explaining to the customer that the favorite product is not longer being carried in our location ,but when you heled find them something that was similar then they were willing to give it a try just knowing that you helped was the highlight of my day .
Pros
Benifets
Cons
cutback on hours
Working at Walmart was an interesting experience to say the least just based on the odd groups of people I ran into everyday at work. As a place of employment though, don't expect to be working enough hours to live off of every two weeks. Way too many employees and not enough positions to put them into essentially makes the whole place a mess by having one employee covering the entire of the store floor or having 2 out of 12 cashes open. If you are fresh out of school and are looking to find temp. summer employment, this is the place to be. Otherwise steer clear.
Pros
Feel Part of a Team, Free lunches/suppers on holidays, Incentives for working safe
Cons
Overstaffed, Not enough hours in a pay period to live off of, Not a lot of chance to grow in the company
I really enjoyed working for this company as a cashier. After about a year they put me in the cash office to work. I would of still been at walmart if it was not for the schooling.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
I was at work by 7am to prepare paperwork for managers and department heads. I cleared and researched invoices for merchandise and expenses for the store. I prepared journals and corrected journal errors at months end. Inventory was a stressful time of year to prepare for audit but the management was knowledgeable and experienced with the process.
Pros
off work at 3 pm great in the summer
Cons
no contact with customers in the office
Bad place to work, management is dishonest and nasty. no advancement that i saw and not a friendly enviroment at all
Pros
employee discount
Cons
horrible people
I began as a cashier in the OTC department stocking and organizing the shelves. I later on was trained in the actual pharmacy and began being the assistant until i decided to leave. I loved the people that i worked with and all the people i got to know.
is a pretty good starter job for high school kids not a good job for people want too live on there on