Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

I was apart if another team when I joined, it didn't go so well so I switched to the backroom and honestly I love my crew and the work keeps you busy.
My experience in Walmart was very good, I feel like a family there, management was so cooperative and co-workers too, benefits were so good, I always enjoyed there while working.
Pros
flexible schedule
Believe in yourself when you work at Walmart and meet your goals. Management is super friendly and keep motivating their employees. During COVID19 I was lucky to have job and Walmart supported me to mange my expenses with high incentives. I feel safe and secure.
can be better in support of how much they pay their employees. the system to grow or the opportunity is very less or if it is given is according to hierarchy.
working at walmart was very busy and on the other hand very friendly environment. work included maintaining cleanliness on the salesfloor and back room area, stocking merchandise and placing items on shelf.
I was a fulfillment associate in St vital walmart. The task was easy if you remembered which cart the items should go on. Coworkers were great, however, the manager is by far the worst manager I've ever worked for. For the first month of my job, I got great shifts but then the manager informed all new employees that our shifts would be cut. I ended up getting ONLY TWO SHIFTS IN TWO MONTHS! I tried talking to my manager and he said he would look into it, but he never followed up on it. After the two months, I had ZERO SHIFTS and I spoke to him multiple times about this. Everytime I spoke to him, he said he will look into it but he NEVER does. After another two months of nothing happening, I was let go of and they never told me why.
Pros
15 percent discount on all products if you work for 3 months
Cons
Amnesiac Manager
Paid fairly and getting desired shifts and working hours. Flexible time table the supervisor cooperates in changing given time table to the desired shift.
productive and best for communication enhancement with customers as cashier. the ease in working with scanning machine and card reader, meeting with different customers every day broaden the experience of interpersonal skill. Hardest part of job at cash register is when their is wait for customer service manager it disappoint the waiting customers. typical day is when you work on first day because all things are new on first day.
Pros
associate discount
Cons
Never had an issue. Friendly people. Always helpful. They train well. Great work environment. Hiring and training manager were very good. I still miss those good days...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
In this experience i have learnt and i am learning about a lot of new things, i have gained information and knowledge about foods, hardwares, housewares, supporting goods, cosmetics and much more. I can assure anyone that if you work in walmart you are going to get knowledge of numerous things, Beside this interacting different customers is an advantage.
Pros
positive and relax enviroment
Cons
less shifts
It is a good environment to work in. It can be both fast paced and slow at times. Lots of advancement opportunities. Colleagues and management are both very supportive.
Great workplace, high job security, really diverse, cooperation and team work is always encouraged. Friendly environment and excellent communication between associates and the management team. I just wish I was paid more.
It was always a challenge for me to work in a fast-paced environment. I always enjoyed working there. I learned a lot about retail work while working there. It was a great experience working there.
l like to work in Walmart as its fast placed company with great hard work .Doing good things for are community and take care of the company employee and great them well. thanks
I won't recommend Walmart to anyone. In recent time they have been partial and pressurizing associates on daily basis.If i can i would have filed a complaint against them. They torture a lot.
Cons
Stress, pressure and long hours
Nice work environment and potential to advanced my career. Well managed place Working was fun loving Just like typical day at work , great co workers
It is a great place to develop essential employment skills. It was extremely flexible to apply for new positions, shifts and management was very accommodating to allow for post secondary studies and furtherance within the corporate ladder!
I learned a one of the most interesting skill at Walmart, which is Customer experience. How to treat the customer at workplace. Really, a good Experience at Walmart
Working at Walmart was a pretty awful experience for the most part, people are rude, managers are generally even ruder than the employees. It really is just stressful and not worth it at all
It as very grateful for working with Walmart and it was fun working with Walmart. Staff at Walmart was very friendly and helpful and management was also good and there was a positive environment to work.
Working at the front end is usually fast-paced and stressful. I don't mind the working situations as much, but I don't think we get enough for the amount of work we do.