Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Windsor, ON

COMPANY & JOB ROLE: I worked at Walmart for a little over a year overnight and occasionally day shifts. The work was a decent, but overnights got stressful. Overnights you are expected to complete all skids from truck load that night and had to bin overstock ( bin overstock means to print labels on all the products that didn’t go on the sales floor & updated it in system). Most importantly zone shelves (bring product to front of shelves). During the day you didn’t have to work under as many deadlines because it’s expected you would interact with customers and when on sales floor. STORE: Im solely speaking on my experience at the store I worked at. It could be different at other locations. I found that nearly all departments were unorganized and didn’t run smoothly. The work environment was decent until covid hit. During covid the store manger seem to care less about employees and more about the reputation/ financial loss of our store. They hid the fact that covid was amongst a couple employees on two occasions that I can recall. It was confirmed by department mangers when confronted. Seems a bit unethical to not inform us. We don't need to know the identity of the person due to confidentiality. Other than that there is a lot of friendly employees and a lot of diversity. We occasionally got free snacks, lunch and candy in lunch room.
Pros
Some good department mangers, friendly/ diverse group of employees, sometimes they have free food in lunch room
Cons
Overworked, unorganized work environment
Work is very easy and flexible. Very Easy to manage with studies. They have super good management and associates who help each other to grow as a team.
Walmart is a place where everyone can work in. Walmart has relaxed and good environment amoung their co-workers. It teaches a lot of things like dealing with customers and solving their problems.
Too much expected for not enough pay. No REAL opportunity to advance. Lots of favoritism! Management is paid far more than they should be for the amount of work they actually do
They treat me very well and look after me I have a lot of health issues and they have always considered that while handling me Walmart makes me want to be a better employee and I feel appreciated I have been there for three years now
this was great place for work. They don’t put stress on anyone mind even though give less tasks to do. I love to work there i did part time job over there and i very great experience of my life.
Pros
Sometime they provided food
Cons
Sometimes work for long hours
Enjoyed helping and talking to customers Stocked all produce shelves, while maintaing a clean enviroment outside on the sales floor, and inside storage
Walmart expects all cashiers to sell their Walmart MasterCard. many either got the card when they came out or get annoyed for buggering them with trying to sell them another credit card. but Walmart judges performance on MasterCard sales.
Best introduction to retail and stocking there is if one is serious due to the high volume of customers and freight. More difficult and rewarding than the other options out there.
very good place to work. chance to learn many things. respectful job for everyone. chance to interact more with the customers which also enhances your skill to interact with others. helps others to locate the particular product.
Stressful, overworked, underpaid, always looking over your shoulder to make sure you are doing things properly. Upper management hypocrites. tell you one thing then another tells you a different thing then the first returns and asks why you are doing it that way.
I wish I could write everything wrong with this company, there is just to much. I will just say they have a huge turn over and there is many reasons. Horrible place to work with awful management, all of them from the store manager down to department managers do nothing and expect the associates to do everything then take credit. Worst place I have ever worked
My days at Walmart go very productive. I learn better communication skills at Walmart. Management at Walmart is appreciable. People at Walmart is very welcoming and friendly. As a greeter I sometimes found my self less experienced for back store activities. I enjoy interacting with people most.
Management doesn’t treat people with respect or any dignity. They slave you when you do work and you will not get many hrs due to self check outs and tax payer aka government subsidized foreign student employees. Everyone I worked with have pretty well quit due to not being able to survive. My advice , find a better job.
Decent starter job, not a lot of room for advancement but a very relaxed place to work, it pays minimum wage but for how easy the work is that's expected.
Overall not a bad place to work. Great people to work with. Definitely have to adapt to alot of change. Work well with multiple rotating managers. Always an opportunity to learn new jobs and skills. Great opportunity to strengthen customer service skills and meet alot of wonderful people. Including customers and fellow co workers.
As compared to other workplaces this company is totally professional and there are no people who come with references. One can only be hired with their skill set.
I've worked there for 11 years it's a good company with great benefits and a great opportunity to move up within the company. I've learned customer relationship skills, Cash training, Productive in the retail environment, plus loading and unloading in a warehouse.
I would not recommend this job to anyone I was treated like a slave that worked full time hours but had a part time position so they didn’t have to pay me benefits
A good place to get a start in the work force. Hours are flexible. Great benefits for people who stick in there for more than a year. Disturbing trend to hire more but reduce every one's hours by half. Overall an inclusive and friendly place to work but not some where to go if you hope to move up within the company.
Pros
flexible hours, benefits, friendly people
Cons
not enough hours
I learned in my job that the customer satisfaction is the first priority for us. Also, we do something better for cheap price and we do our best for the customer's expectations. Ensure about the Health & Safety rules every Biweekly. Thank you.