Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Williams Lake, BC

I was able to switch my hours from evenings to early morning easily. I chose the days I worked. I could always make up my hours if missed. Co-workers weren't always good workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, Medical Benefits, and overtime
Cons
Co-workers aren't always good
nice clean workplace, my supervisor was always helpful and made me feel welcome and appreciated at my job. I would highly recommend anyone to apply for a job at Walmart.
As walmart is a big company and lots of different kind of people work there, so you need to cope with multiculturalism. the management is not bad. Again not very good. Depends on how you manage your relationship with them. If you are a straight forward person and don't like to oil every time to management then this is not a right place for you to work.
No one cares, and half the time your coworkers don't even bother to show up. Customers are rude and demanding, and you have no authority to assist with their problems.
Although, I was working as a part-time student- it provided a good job on the side. Also, my peers were very friendly and often helped with any problem I encountered on the job
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Hours
Typical day consisted of helping customers, attending conference calls, and helping lead other teams. The management I worked with in the BC Interior Region was amazing, supportive, and helpful. I left because a position wasn't available for me when I moved, but I'd go back in a heartbeat.
No one there seemed to care about their jobs, even most managers. I worked at the customer service desk with three other girls. They booked off all the weekends so I never got to have a weekend off. They wouldn’t even let me have my birthday off when I booked it over 2 months in advance. Was bullied by another associate but nothing was done about it.
Pros
Flexible hours to a point
Cons
Just an all around bad place to work
- Go there Work hard do your best - Learned to do my job to the best of my ability - Not always prepared but tried to be as helpful as possible - co-workers pitch in with a be as helpful as possible attitude - severely understaffed at times - Going home being paid
Pros
Many employee benefits as well as community works
Cons
at times understaffed but they try
My work day typically started at around 7 in the morning, which required me to be awake by at least 6:15 every workday. The day usually consisted of unloading refrigeration trucks, stocking shelves, and talking with customers. The management was as friendly as your boss can be, the co-workers were also generally quite friendly. The hardest part of the job was also one of the better parts of the job, the freezer. On hot summer days, there was no better place to work. That is, until you got cold... Cause it is a freezer. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Walmart, even though it was just for 3 months during the summer.
- always told to do jobs other than your own, not giving you the time to do your own job, then becoming annoyed with you for not getting your job done - Department managers are always called up to work on the tills, because they don't ever schedule enough cashiers - always reducing your hours even though you were guaranteed full-time @ 37.5/week - always changing your schedule to make you work hours and days you didn't agree to work - the manager and any number of the 7 or 8 assistant managers who happen to be working can either be found sitting in McDonalds having coffee or sitting in the office chatting and laughing
I find Walmart to be full of friendly helpful team players. Understanding and flexible work schedule. Not pushy or grouchy. The people are generally happy to be there and have positive attitudes.
long days , learned patience, my manager was ok, but my supervisor was amazing. Loved my coworkers, made a few lasting friendships. Hardest part of job was when it got so busy and we were short cashiers. Lineups were long and customers had little patience. Most enjoyable part was the few fellow cashiers that we could joke around with and loved talking to and getting to know.
Pros
Flex able hours
Cons
Short staffed
Working at Walmart was very enjoyable, We were very much like a family and all got along very well. The management is fun and easy to talk to, and respectful of staff. It was very rare to have a hard day at work there, customers were great and friendly and there was very few rules.
Pros
getting along with everyone, benifits, seeing new faces, and lots of hours
Cons
some rude customers
It seemed like i was learning new things everyday even when i thought i had learned it all which i liked a lot. the job became a life for me and it was fun and easy, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with their situations, i would love to work for walmart again.
Pros
the breaks
Cons
having no customers
A typical day of work consisted of unloading freight from the trucks, pulling the freight to the sales floor during the evenings. The remainder of the shift consisted of picking and binning merchandise.
My boss at the walmart I worked at was incredible. She was understanding and always made sure to give me as many hours as she could. She trained me well and was always someone I could go to if I had a question or an issue. The work was a bit routinely but it was fun enough that it didn't matter most of the time.
Managers don't care about employees. Expect you to work your *** off and then wont give you a fair assessment or raise so they can keep there staffing costs down.
Most days are filled with customer service. On the rare slow days there is still lots to do, like cleaning and organizing. I learned how to make specialty photo products and about the Electronics section of the store. Management is nice and will meet with you if you have anything you need to discuss. Co-workers are very friendly and made the working atmosphere enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was trying to help the customers before they asked for your help. Being able to read them got easier over time. The most enjoyable part was helping customers and seeing them walk away satisfied with there purchase.
Cons
Concreet floor.
Temporary job while pursuing other interests. Enjoy the people and get along with all co-workers and management.
Pros
Full-time with benefits
Cons
Low wages
I was trained on the spot by co-workers. I usually would stock the produce and help customers find what they needed. Warehouse product if needed.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Learning how to use the Telxon guns, and doing price changes, checking for shrink, learning the Profit and Loss monthy reports, ect. Typical day consists of 7.5 hours, 5 days a week. Depends on the store, opportunities for Advancement may be limited, and management varies from other Walmarts i've visited, via work. Hardest part of the job is making sure the merchandise is out, and the merchandise that is out of stock, will be ordered appropriately.
Pros
30 of safety = Pizza
Cons
Not paid enough for the work I put in.