Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Whitehorse, YT

Most of the Managers are great to work for. Co workers are awesome to work with. Yukoners can be hard to deal with sometimes but still can be enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Discount card after 3 months
Cons
shift work
My typical day at work was very busy seeing as most of the time I was only one working in electronics department; or they would have people for a different department in my department to just only be there to cover my lunch break. I learned how to organize product on the shelves according to the proper layout that was needed. Management was over all pretty good except for when I was hired on I applied for full-time work and only had gotten part-time. To which I was also getting tired of the department I was in and had asked several times for them to move me to a different area and never happened. Most of the co-workers I new when I started left and got different jobs. But the new workers they brought in had no idea what they where doing so the managers had me teach them all how to do things the proper way in the department; even though that was the department managers job I got to do it and I wasn't even a manager. The hardest part of the job I think was the weight of the department and everything in it because it was a high theft area. To which was very hard for only one person to watch at all times which was very stressful.
not a bad place to work if you don't have a family. the pay is low. people are very nice. but there are to many managers giving orders. pretty boring job. not much training
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay
fun place to work, the pay isn't very good, with 5 mangers you get instructions from 5 different people who often have different ideas on how they want a job done, can get very frustrating.
Pros
awsome people to work with
Cons
the pay sucks
i find it helpful how you can do your resume with this app and fast job searching. very helpful. thank you.
um i liked working on the till but it was too long days working by just standing i like a job where i keep active and learn more everyday.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
long days, hours but good pay
• Provide customer service.• Assist with price overrides.• Assist with re-shelving products.• Meet sales quotas.
I enjoy working at Wall Mart as a Part-time Cashier but I need a full time job that related to my course. Actually, I'm ongoing study online Bookkeeping ICS Canada.
Inventory, making price flags for my department, stocking shelves, moving pallets, making sure all shelves were full of stock. Ordering product and other duties as requested.I've learned how to count inventory electronically and manually, order products dealing with unhappy customers, make price flags etc.The management and co-workers were fun to work with. I made many friends while working at Walmart.The hardest part of the job was having to make sure my shelves were fully stocked.The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and also the customer i've seen everyday. They surely brigthens your day.
Pros
re