Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Whitecourt, AB

Nice place to work though the work loads are a little bit heavy. Salary and benefit wise, they pay good for starter and you will get a bit raise every year. I will definitely recommend to my friends working at walmart.
The managers were really horrible, didn't care about employees at all. They went out of their way to make everything as difficult as possible. I enjoyed the actual job itself, but the management made working there unbearable.
If you want a job that is next thing to slave labor, than Walmart is for you. They advertise flexible schedules and work/life balance. You will work every single weekend, and when you ask for a day off or a weekend to yourself They will just threaten to cut your hours or write you up. Some of the managers are good people, but others are idoits. They yell at you to work faster and then are mad when someone gets hurt. Stay away!!. They treat their staff like garbage.
They always hire and promise a career plan but it never happens. Toxic workplace with managers fighting against each other to keep their jobs. If you do not approve of the GM the group of managers bully you until you quit or they fire you. Almost every one goes on stress leave.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad scheduling, general managers are a joke.
Walmart was one of the worst places I’ve worked. I really only recommend this torture if you’re a high school student looking for a summer job, and even then, don’t expect to have much of a life. Besides having zero respect for a persons home life, the amount of disrespect that comes from management makes this place unbearable. Do yourself a favour and exhaust all other options first.
Pros
None really.
Cons
The job itself.
If not for the clique among management, low wages, inability to keep people, it would not be so bad. Managers would be okay if they had realistic expectations about what people are willing to put up before breaking.
Pros
Simple work environment
Cons
Poverty wages, lacklustre work environment and sometimes belittling managers
My day at work starts by coming in and working with my team guided by a department manager. I usually am in charge of overseeing the Electronics department by helping customers one on one and holding the keys to lockup. I also keep track of stock, changing prices, and helping customers in the photo lab.
Pros
There are many health and share benifits that comes with employment.
Cons
The workplace advancement is stagnet without relocating and educational advancement.
very good place to work for life and work balance safety is important policies not clearly outlined there is alot of un- necessary discard of clothing new products should be described to employees before being placed on shelves best before dates very important and always rotated
Pros
associate discount
Cons
poor communication between associates and management
loved overnights my nightshift crew rocked, never a dull moment, always lots of fright to be worked, 11 to 7 went by fast everynight, i would recomend night shift any day
unloading and stocking items on the floor cleaning up the back, making sure everything is in the right spot,Uloadng trucks when they come in.the hardest part is getting to know where al the items are to be put
Pros
fast shifts
Cons
hard work
It was good at first, I loved my co-workers, and I was good at my job. However the management couldn't seem to get anyone's schedule right. I'd book things off for months in advance, just for that day to come and be called and told I was supposed to be there. The managers were rude and felt as if they were humanly superior.
Pros
Co-Workers were great
Cons
Managers didn't know how to do their job
This is the only job I was set up to fail everyday. There was always more work to do than time to do it. Management didn't seem to talk to each other. Always a different directive from each manager above you.
Pros
Excellent team building
Cons
Not enough workers to complete tasks.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the meeting the people and getting to know the team at Walmart. I was sent for training in a Walmart a training site at another Walmart that showed me the ropes. I found the training to be satisfactory and meeting the back up team to be wonderful individuals and always helpful to me when I ran into problems.
Management was hard on workers to get many things done. The associates themselves are great and friendly and often make the work day fun. Discount is hardly worth working there.
Many different opportunities here with great advancement options. It can be slow at times, but the overall workload can keep you busy. Good management and great people to work with.
You can learn a lot there , since you will be asked to do everything...it was hard to receive support ,poor recognition for management team. Over all I like it my hours and felt that I could grow there if I desire
Pros
there is no routine ...like to work with people
Cons
not friendly
Productive , busy always something to do never enough hours in a day to get everything done. Pleasant place to work good benefits and enjoy helping customers.
The job itself wasn't bad, the management however, that's a different story. The hours weren't too bad. Some of the associates are just difficult to work with.
I honestly feel like having to do this "review" as you would call it on my past work experiences is very difficult as I only worked there for 6 months.
Cons
For a large conglomerate to work for, Walmart is great. With all of ongoing training provide you never feel unprepared. There is always opportunity to advance your career with Walmart. Great healthcare, financial and incentive packages.
I have nothing bad to say about the Whitecourt walmart, it runs well. I'm so excited to be a part of our supercenter expansion.
Pros
great boss's, great co-workers
Cons
no cons