Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Whitby, ON

Working at Walmart was a great experience because I developed a lot of communication skills and learned how to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.The management was very supportive and cooperative with me.
My biggest gripe with Baldwin St S, Whitby Walmart was the lack of communication of upper management to lower management which would trickle down on the working employees usually causing issues and slowdowns that would affect the overall work that being said I knew everyone was trying their best but Lack of communication definitely took it’s toll with both management and employees
Great place to work for, the people I work with are very positive and friendly environment. It’s a fast Pace industry. I really enjoy it I’ve worked in retail for over 20 year.
- great opportunity - fair work life balance - continues learning - advancement Over all an amazing company to work for which gives you plenty of opportunity to grow with in the company.
When you work at Walmart you are working with any type of person from all walks of life. The breaks you get are good and often (every 2 hours). When you start working they mix up your hours and book you hours you can't work. training is really good (12 hours total).
If this is going to be your first job it is going to be exciting, i wouldn't work there unless its your second job. The pay isn't comparable to the tasks asked of you.
Walmart is a wonderful place to work if you love working with friendly people. Management is wonderful. The workplace culture is very open, i loved the open door policy they had in place for people who felt unsafe with harassment.
As a cashier it was an easy job and not really demanding, but after awhile it becomes very cumbersome and boring. I was happy that the hiring process wasn't too long or hard and they provided good training.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
low job diversity.
I worked over night maintenance for 4 months. Because of understaffing i worked full time hours. I was told by my supervisors that i would qualify as full time employee..after the 4 months were up i inquired about the full time status and benefits...i was then took aside and told since they didnt schedule me for those hours...they werent giving me fulltime and that id still work those hours but they woupd never write me into the schedule properly. I hated everything about working there. Try to mention union in there..and everyone is trained to bow there heads and walk away. Stay away from this aweful abyss.....i hope they go under
Pros
Cons
Every aspect....especially management that get bonuses to keep you under
other employees good to work with. management at my store was very dictatorial making many changes that effected many employees with out an consultation. I was let go for no reason, they even said that I did nothing wrong.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
terrible managment
professional and fair but did not enjoy the job. did not get the chance to interact with other coworkers in the cashier position and it was tiring work.
I couldn't stand it there, they blamed me for everything even if it wasn't my fault and they are blaming me for getting injured there even though I slipped and there was no wet floor sign anywhere.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, terrible hours, negative work environment
Customer service desk taught me alot of skill and alot of job skills. I work at courtesy desk so i returned order. Sort and put them back into their right depts. I also learned western union and had alot of responsabilités
Pros
Learning so much
Cons
None really
Good Co-workers, amazing flexibility as long as you give good warning to management. Being a student, they allowed me to work only 2 days while i attend school on the others. No negative experiences as of now.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, management pushing you to be your best.
Cons
Can be stressful on the body.
I have no complaints with the Walmart Superstores. They are face paced, collaborative, efficient and a very successfully run business. As a cashier and an occasional customer service experience associate, I learned how to use communication more effectively, I learned to engage with my coworkers and customers differently, and in an appropriate manner. I could not imagine learning and perfecting the valuable skills, that management taught me, anywhere else.
Too much abuse and bullying from the management. They do not appreciate when you work extra for them but have no problem disciplining you when things don't go as they want them to.
Cons
no appreciation
The management at Walmart always had unreasonable expectations of what they needed to get done even before factoring in the amount of customers to help. they never assigned enough staff to the sales floor and kept reducing the staff further or bringing them off the floor to be cashiers. everyday was a challenge and management never listed to requests to assign more people to shifts.
The people you work with are great. Day to day there is always something different happening. The hardest part of the position for me is working to close, as I have worked days for many years and still can not get use to working later in the evening. I am more of a morning person.
Pros
Made new friends
Cons
Working to closing.
Fast paced environment with up to 200 prescriptions per day, stressful due to not enough staffing/scheduling issues, not enough open communication - events/situations to be discussed or explained properly.
Pros
Multi - cultured team members with different work ethics and backgrounds
Cons
Excessive work/poor wokr place for hourly wage
Work in a highly productive and strong employee\management interpersonal environment. A position where you are appreciated for your hard work and dedication. Trained on other positions.
Pros
working with the staff
Cons
part time
great place to work. staff is wonderful. Opportunity for advancement. Very flexible with schedule if you have family or other aspects of life happening.