Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Westbank, BC

Great job overall, more stock than ever with Covid-19. Great overnight management team and co-workers. Hours (11pm-7am) make it hard to see your family/significant other as you're sleeping most of the day.
I worked at the Walmart Super Store I had enjoyed myself working in this face pace environment. Excellent help from team members and management for training at service at Customer Service They were knowledgeable and efficient and will always find an answer for you.
Loved working with the people at this store. Feel people are not paid their worth, while lazy people get paid the same. Feel managers should praise work well done more, instead of emphasizing on only work not well done.
When I started at Walmart I was welcomed with open arms and happy faces which really helped me because I was a shy kid. However...after 2 years it became clear that the store beginning to get rough. They removed express lanes with self checkouts to seem more modern but very little amounts of customers went and used them creating outrageous pile ups. But Walmart has taught me many things -Cashiering -How to better talk with people - Making prints and canvases.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bitter customers
11-7 5days ..2 day off together management was good but changed to often on most part culture was good learned how to bin and pick, stock properly rotate , do not over stock, create tags with the jeani gun. uses jacks and move skids safley
Pros
on the most part a good place to work
Cons
a lot of people cut shifts so that double our work load, more staff is needed
What can I say? It not what you would want to do for a living, and it seemed like nobody there did either. Poor culture, poor pay, poor management. There might be some good people in it but that doesn't make it worth while. I tried my best to improve what I could with my limited power and was always at fault for being unable to fix the problem that is walmarts systems. It seemed like people would fail upwards to management and blame their team for a broken system.
Pros
Cons
everything
work like a slave completed by slave wages and you wait 1 year for benefits. i learned that people are not of "Great Value" as employees rather treated as commodities.Management non existent workplace culture? go to see yogurt for culture.hardest part of the job slackers take advantage of people with strong work ethic.most enjoyable helping customers who "truly" appreciate associates
Cons
grim grimmer grimmest
I enjoyed helping the customers find what they were looking for. The other parts of the job became more of a challenge. I would have to run back and forth from one part of the store to another part to help customers when they needed help. There was a lot of team work, and we all worked well together to get the job done. I learned to do price changes and worked on cash when needed. Management would give us directions on what needed to be done. I enjoyed working with the staff and the customers.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
not enough help
People are fun to work with my dept. was automotive and I had a great time changing tires and Oil.I learned lot about the different ways to do things and the different people I had as customers.
Pros
straight day shift
Cons
some of the Irate customers and how they would blindside the Managers to get what they wanted
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
A very strong company with a very strong corporate culture. It pays well however there is very little opportunity to be creative as everything is all preplanned out.
For me, Walmart is like family. Most of the employees have been there for a long time. There is a rapport between the workers and management. The only bad thing is the pay is pretty low and there are no health or pension benefits
Pros
Good feeling
Cons
no benefits, low pay
I see a lot of the reviews stating the management was very helpful . I completely disagree with that . Like one review said ,they are never around when you need them . I think the only way things get done are the cooperation among the employees . they have to in general figure things out for themselves. As for good pay , what planet are you from ? They only hire part time so they don't have to pay any benefits and the miniscule pay raises they hand out each year are a laugh .
Pros
mostly good people to work with as we were all in the same boat
Cons
Bad communication with management, no give and take at all . If you don't like something theres the door
Very diverse customer base which allows for growth in dealing with people and developing people skills. Due to the pace of the business it makes other similar jobs seem easy. Work life balance as a member of management is not so good as the expectation is that the business comes first.
I spent five years here. and it was a really good workplace. it kept me busy. and I basically made my own schedule by working through lunches. always something to do.
Pros
busy environment
It was a very hard job for someone my age and over weight after spending 12 years long hauling. Instead of driving the truck I was now unloading 53 foot trailers by hand one box at a time. They say max 50 lbs but some weighed up to 150lbs. after that was done and everything was stacked on pallets ( usually 12 feet high) according to department we used hand pallet jacks to pull them out to each dept. for the night shift to stock shelves. I learned never to give up and if I just kept going I would not only get through my shift but lost 65lbs. What I enjoyed most was my co-workers, most 25 years younger than me, they never treated me like they thought I couldn't do the job. And as far as I know, I still hold the record at Westbank WalMart for unloading a trailer the fastest.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
wage. walmart can afford to pay better and hire full time with benifits
I worked in the Westbank Wal-Mart 1093 for 2 years, I had a great time with my co-workers, the best part of working there was the flexible hours and knowing that the people you worked with actually cared about you, everyone there was caring and compassionate, although the downfall to working there was that it was almost run like a high school, very 'clicky'. but an over-all great place to work. I definitely recommend it for anyone to have as their first job or even just for something to do if you don't need to work.
Pros
long lunch hors, flexible hours, great people.
Cons
understaffed
Friendly managment and great atmosl us about: a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job DO NOT include aphere
tough to follow policies when managers will do it any ways.Lots of fundraising for different societies, and or when fellow workers are in need of it.
Okay job for people who want to work short hoursfun to interact with customersyou are really just a number for them