Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in West Kelowna, BC

Walmarts been good to me even thou i dont agree the way things are done we are very under staffed and some managers are very impersonal..buts it a secure job which is hard to come by and getting benifits is a huge plus ...and yearly profit sharing plus a deferred profit share for retirement as well as a staff discount helps its not alot but better than nothing and i work with a great bunch of poeple..and the option to buy stocks and walmart put a extra 15% in for you..
Pros
Great people, benifits, steady work
Cons
Under staffed .
-Not a bad place to work -Employees are great . -10% discount is an awesome bonus. -Opportunity to move up if you choose -Great benefits if full time
They say they will work around your schedule and they do not at all... they say its family comes first maybe theirs but not the employees does not come first
My experience working at Walmart was pretty good for awhile but then turned pretty dismal. I had a pretty nice manager in the shoe department, unfortunately I had a horrible CS manager who tried to micromanage and also tried to fire me after I got hit by a car. Terrible experience overall!!
Depends on which store you want to work for but management controls everything and the store manager at the Westbank store has destroyed store moral and i would never suggest anyone to work at that store .I would never go back. So do your homework and know what your getting into.
Pros
The staff you work with
Cons
Always short staff and poor leadership
The managers could be a little bit better at what they are supposed to do. But they are great people and some of them can be super helpful when you need help.
Walmart was a Very good place to work. The managers were very friendly and understanding and so were the other co-workers. Not much room for advancement. I found the pay could have been better for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Amazing management.
Cons
No room for advancement
It was an ok job. I did my work that I needed then I went looking for more. Just before I moved on to the career that I wanted to be doing I was doing the over night stocking in three different departments. they asked me if I wanted to move up but since I was not wanting to stay they as a career I said no.
working for walmart is a very positive experience but the hours lacked as well as the pay. for the mechanical work and labor that i have done was worth more pay.
The times are changing and so is the cost of living. Wages need to increase.There needs to be more benefits for families.
A typical day as a cashier would be making sure your customers experience was great, making sure they found what they were looking for, ringing them through in a fast proper matter.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Standing for long periods
I enjoyed working a walmart and meeting different kinds of people. I improved my customer service skills. Management was excellent and helped me in anyway they could. Co-workers were great!