Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Welland, ON

working at Walmart has giving me the opportunity to understand the retail industry. I will surely recommend my friend to work at Walmart if they want to have a good knowledge of the retail industry.
Management is terrible. They don't care about you at all, they are not doing as stated standing by the Integrity. You can be replaced as fast as you are hired. Uncaring and unappreciative. You slave your butt off and they don't care.
Pros
Profit Sharing/Christmas Dinner/Fundraising
Cons
Bad Management/Uncaring people/work hard for unfairness
Politics and Drama. Advancement not based on merit but on worshipping your managers, good if looking to just pay bills short term. If you do not care about what people say to you, welcome to Walmart
Great environments Learned new tasks Busy day to day Meeting new people everyday Customer service Meeting life long friends Keeping up with daily business
Garbage garbage garbage worst company in the world by far.. they don’t care about you your family or even the environment.. this company should have its doors forced closed for good they are literally killing this planet do not shop their ever I get a discount and still refuse to shop their..
Pros
Zero
Cons
A big corporation, easy on with lazy people but hard for good workers to get the value they deserve. If you are a student, it's a good place to work. Or you want to work only part time
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Poor Management
Walmart's part time flex is accommodating to students. When I was attending college, Walmart was the only company that would work around my availability.
When working in a team with varied ages/experience, not everyone has the same work ethic. Being a hard worker doesn't necessarily mean anything. The harder you work, the more is expected. It can be a good thing, it pushes people to do their best, but also allows those who slack to get away with it.
Pros
I had weekends off
Cons
Not enough coverage when needed
Working at Walmart gave me the chance to work with many other people on the sales floor. I loved working my shifts with them, they made the shift go by fast and made working there pleasurable.
It was a great experience in both stocking and laying out the stores as I was part of the expansions of two stores to super centers. the benefit package at the time was really good considering.
Over the course of time I've been at Wal-Mart I've noticed management consistently makes a fool out of you. They single you out and ignore simple requests made such as booking time well in advanced off, cutting back hours and not keeping equipment up to date. As of late I've been forced to look for a new job and my hours have been decreased to a minimum. It's sad that they have so much money but use it on the wrong things.
I joined the wallmart team to be a technition while studying to become a technition later to find out that I have many health struggles I would have to deal with. Wallmart was a nice transition from Zellers!
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
My own struggles
Typical day in the life of a cashier at Walmart, fast paced and rarely boring. Customers are overall pleasant. There could be more of a 'team' feel with co-workers but very friendly overall.
It's a very easy job as long as you do not take things personally from rude customers. Great managers at this location who support us and it make the job more rewarding
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
weird customers
Generally a good starting job, good flexible hours. Easy to get comfortable and to work with others, not a lot of stress. If you need a quick job I would recommend Wal-mart!
Pros
Long lunches, freedom, comfortable
Cons
Low wage, random hours
While I was working at Wal-Mart, i encounter a various of people, the staff at walmart is huge, a lot of people work there. The person i worked with was nice, taught me how to do my job properly. But others weren't as nice as her
Benefits
Cons
Rude management
it was one of the most enjoyable places i have had the privilege to work at. i thoroughly enjoyed the staff and the pharmacists and the customers. i recommend this to anyone
the emopoyees that i worked with were all very friendly, all the staff members. i enjoyed working for the customers as well, made my shifts more enjoyable helping out the kind outgoing community
Pros
generally friendly customers
Cons
Usually I collect carts throughout the shift. Help customers with heavy items and/or carry-outs. The people I work with help out each other when asked, usually.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
very few full time positions
Now I worked at Walmart for about 5 days, most of the staff are friendly and are good people, but some of them are just drama and if you were to do something that they didn't like, even if you just start. As i did, they won't care... Some won't but some will drag it on and complain about it all day, and at the end of the day... That's what got me fired, cause I was checking a time that someone was in, and one co worker thought I shouldn't have bin there, but i have every right to, tried to explain that to her... She thought I was trying to skip my duties at work or something, But i was just checking in and she dragged it on and start saying things behind my back to other co workers... In my opinion, the managers were rude, co workers are drama, and just and overall not a good work environment.
Pros
An hour (paid) break
Cons
Bad co workers
It was hard work with low pay; Terrible management that took advantage of regular employees; No benefits No Union protection Not a good place to work