Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Wasaga Beach, ON

This was my first job it was a very good environment and good managers and people that worked there a nice, I was to young for benefits or need of it but I’m sure they have a decent benifits plan
I loved this position as a customer service rep. At first I was hired on as a cashier, but then was trained on customer service, and self- serve. I liked how I had different duties everyday, it kept the work exciting and fun!
Walmart was an awesome place to work for. The team games we played for master card sales was a great way to enjoy your time as a cashier. I was located In the Wasaga Beach location, all the staff employees and management all worked as a team and was always great to work with we were like a big family o would recommend it to anyone
Do 8 jobs for the price of 1 and than be promised advancement for years until you're finally burnt out. People you work with are dramatic and only 40% of the people they hire can do the job
Employees were not as friendly as expected. Loved working with and helping customers . Did not like how the atmosphere was not friendly and not welcoming.
worked for 9 years saw many changes over the years treat employees like slaves only interested in making money and saving money by cutting hours on the staff and giving the minimum amount of hours.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
bad managers
i loved working at Walmart, everyone was always happy, management was always more than willing to go that extra mile to be able to help you with whatever or whenever you need help.
Pros
good management team
Cons
low paying
Interacting with customers was definitely one of the best parts of the job, and every day was a new day. Co-workers were also very friendly and upper management worked hard to ensure a very relaxed environment for customers and staff alike. The hardest part of the job was during what we considered busy season in "the Beach" when all the tourists come from all over to enjoy the largest fresh water beach in the world. Line-ups would start at cash registers and be backed up half way through the store. If you're familiar with Wasaga Beach and it;s tourism industry, you know why! But it was a great place to work and if I didn't have family matters to attend to back home I would of gladly stayed.
Not exactly a dream job... It is something to do for money. Met some nice people. Free muffins and coffee every other Friday not too bad.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
a lot of things... don't know where to start
Working with other staff and management is very efficient. The goals of the day are clear and precise and the job you are meant to be doing is very organized. Working at Walmart I've learned great customer service experience, techniques in being outgoing and approachable, effective in resolving issues, the ability to think on the spot, and work with other people in being an overall great team. The hardest part of the job is satisfying the customer when we are out of certain items when the policy is satisfaction guaranteed. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work along side great co workers and being able to satisfy the customers.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Minimal benefits
You learn leadership and the importance of being on time. It's a great step before college or just after college while looking for the job of your chosen field. It's quite relaxed throughout the slow periods of work. You do have deadlines that must be met and when it starts to pick up it's non stop your whole shift. You must take care of a large section of the store mostly alone as well as cover other departments when asked to. There is a lot of drama but that happens in retail for the most part. The money is quite poor for the amount of work you actually do and the amount of money you create for that particular business. The hours are steady and the benefits are quite well. Couldn't survive in todays day in age with the amount of pay you get though. Either will want to move up quickly or get the learning experience use what you learn to apply in a higher job if possible
Pros
Nice co-workers, safe job and hours
Cons
Quick paced, Angry customers
There were a few employees that had very serious hardships, & when we went to management to see if they could be helped out, it fell on deaf ears - in other words, nothing was done. But they were big on giving back to the community. Lots of miserable co-workers. Don't miss quite a few of them. They talk about you behind your back. There was a female Assistant Manager there that everyone was scared to death of, but thankfully, she's at another location now. There was a lot of heavy lifting involved, which I don't miss. Not enough hours, & paid minimum wage so as to keep prices low. However, enjoyed for the most part working there, & was lucky to have a local job in a seasonal area.
Pros
pizza lunches at times, cake, some good co-workers
Cons
poor store manager, minimum wage to keep prices low
I review them as one of the worst companies i have worked for.
Pros
mcdonalds
Cons
bad management neglection of health and saftey and employee advice or views
I had good times working for this company, till I had a new manager taken over a few departments, and had no respect towards me so I just couldn't handle it at the age of 16.
Pros
good hours, good work enviroment
The employees who work here are amazing i miss them the most, it's kind of like a family. With a new store manager who no one gets along with and just puts up with her makes a vey stressful envorment for everyone. All the assistaint managers are amazing and try to help in whatever way they can. Very busy store in the summer and not busy in the the off season so hours get cut way back but if your in school the work with you very well.