Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Wallaceburg, ON

You should be aware that working at walmart requires a lot of time management and patience, you must be able to communicate with customers and be respectful
nice place to work co-workers are good to work with. You meet lots of great customers who are patient and friendly.I left because you dont get a lot of shifts.
Pros
if you only need partime its great
Cons
not enough hours given
liked working with the public could have better management but overall it is nice to get 10 per cent off while shopping there if you work there the departments you work in have stock daily to put away along with customer service
Pros
work independently and alone
Cons
a lot is expected of you in order to get all the work done that they expect
the job stressed me out too much to be able to hold on to it unfortunately. Very fast paced and busy. Lots of people, too much pressure. Understanding staff
I liked working at Wal-Mart. Most of my coworkers were good, some were lazy. A lot of weird hours so not much time for a life. Only part-time because they don't like paying for benefits. Cheap company for how much money they make! Horrible cashier manager. She's rude, lazy and sarcastic.
Pros
10% discount card
Cons
weird hours, horrible cashier manager
I have only been at Wal-Mart for about 4 months now, but I really enjoy the atmosphere. All my coworkers are pleasant and easy to work with, the management team is great and the customers in Wallaceburg are pretty great for the most part too. My only complaint with this company is the lack of full time positions available.
Pros
10% discount after 90 days
Cons
fluctuaing schedule, sales pressure for mastercards
Worked hard for too little of pay. Was constantly pushed past my limits. Nothing we did was good enough. It was back breaking work and definitely not worth it.
Pros
free lunch when we would hit so many accident free days
Cons
not enough hours, couldnt move up the ladder so to speak, was promised a full time position and after 7 1/2 yesars was still part time
-talk to customers for a living -play with cell phones all day -tedious work -great networking -retail hours -lots of standing -intense problem solving
Pros
breaks are flexible
Cons
too many afternoon shifts
Everyone employed at the Wallaceburg Walmart Supercentre are very professional and productive. It feels like one very large family.
I am a Photo Lab Technician and enjoy helping customers with machines that print the pictures. I also help out other departments as much as i can because its a team environment. The staff are all friendly and i work very well with them.
Pros
Good place to work at.
Cons
Would like more hours.
My first actual job, and I couldn't be anymore happier with way things run at Wal-mart. Everyone of the staff members and managers make me feel apart of the team. A very fun environment and I haven't had any problems booking time off work for important dates. An overall great and organized place to work.
Pros
organized, wages range around experience
Cons
can't exceed 8 hours in a day - for part time anyway
They are good to work for they are easy to please and are understanding (sometimes)
Strive for excellent customer service,assisting customers when needed.Keeping store clean,safe and organized for both associated and customers.Management is always available.Open door policy is always encouraged.My co-workers are the best there is to work with.I look forward to going into work.The hardest part of my job is not always having the things they need due to product shortage,manufacturer issues and things just being temporarily out.never want to send a customer away unsatisfied.The most enjoyable part of my job is the associates I work with and the customers.Working in a small community store you recognize regular faces and most know everyone by their name,which is hard to come by these days in alot of bigger stores.
Pros
there are always fundraisers to participate in for charity needs.associate potlucks and bbqs.
Cons
variable shifts with odd hours