Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Wainwright, AB

Busy, not to stressful, I learned a lot of new things. Management was ok. Hardest part was heavy lifting. Most enjoyable was my co workers. I enjoyed working here but could not get full time hours.
Walmart was a good place to work management was very understanding people I worked with was always willing to help and if I asked if I could work out on the floor or do cash the management always say yes because I like to stay busy
Pros
We would get BQ’s sometime pizza
Cons
Sometimes if you are ask to stay
Every day I enjoyed going to work because of the people I worked with and the customer I served it brought me great joy. Working with the managers as well
I've enjoyed my years at Walmart and have gained a lot of knowledge and experiences in regards to retail, customer service and managing a store. I've learned about all aspects store operations such as compliance, safety, food safety, inventory management, managing associates, customer service and merchandising. I enjoy the fast pace and being a leader, as well as mentoring and helping others reach their potential. There are challenges to being a manager in retail such as difficult customers and and conflict resolution, however learning from each different situation has helped me develop as an assistant manager.
Pros
Great benefits and incentives
Cons
No guaranteed transfers
Idk where I guys worked don’t sound like Walmart😂😂😂.... in. Wainwright the management is horrible they want u to work really hard and then when you do instead of saying good work today guys they say u could have done more. The worst place to work. Maybe if ur really young or older it’s okay but for anyone trying to raise a family or make any big payments it sucks. Glad I got out of their in under a year worst work I have ever experienced in my life. Getting yelled at all the time by customers for no reason then management belittling people left right and centre made our best guys quit because they couldn’t take it anymore after years of working their. If u have another job option take it!!!!!
Walmart will use any excuse they can to deny anual raises, and management within departments changes almost monthly, new management often are not properly trained for new positions but feel they know better anyways
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
You are payed the lowest possible amount and are schedualed hours which will change daily sometimes without you knowing then when u dont show up when they change your shift you are at fault and diciplined. You are fiven unrealistic goals to accomplish.
Cons
Overall working here isn't the worst job one can have yet it leaves much to be desired, mostly as a part timer. Your shifts can really suck and if you ever want to become full time dont hold your breath.
a very good career with awesome benefit, Nice team
Opportunitys to easily build a career are always coming up. Deep team involvement and communication is key. Over all the culture is customer driven and easy to become engaged with.
If you are looking for a temporary job its not bad but if you want full time your most likely not to get it. They tend to hire only part timers so one should not look to them for a long term career.
never again will I ever work for Walmart unless its the only choice at the time. I dont personally like being *aped by the fat cats in the ivory tower. They are utter bs.
Pros
awesome team
Cons
worst management ever
management is a joke staff are usually lazy bums shifts get taken away at a moments notice you can be transferred to other departments with no notice write ups for something you didn't do to trap you there would not recommend working there
Walmart was a good place to work because you're always busy doing several tasks on your shift, you didn't have time to be bored. It was a learning experience for me because this was the first franchise store I worked for in wainwright.
Duties includes that candidates have the physical stamina to move product of up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis, unloading freight, filling stock & fresh cuts.
Pros
Discount card on all purchases
Cons
Lots of heavy lifting
I learned how to be a a great supervisor with the help of the managers I had at both locations. I met alot of great co workers and worked very well in a team setting and also as an indivdual. I like to be challanged and love learning new things, I became a quick learner and I believe wal mart helped me with that. I would say the hardest part of the job would be unloading trucks. unloading truck was also the most enjoyable part of the job, because it really brought the team work out in everyone. There would be tight deadlines sometimes.With the help of everyone that worked in the backroom, we would get it done.
Pros
Barbeques and potluck lunches
Cons
long hours during inventory
Stocking and shelving product, price checking and assisting customers and associates.