Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Vernon, BC

It is a lot more physically demanding than I had expected from the job description. I wish they would share the really heavy work among employees in the department instead of assigning it to one person while the rest of the staff get light duties.
I enjoyed most of the people who work for Walmart. The Manager was unprofessional at times. Don’t talk about your personal life at work. Keep a good work place attendance.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Uneducated Manager
running the burnisher with a old holding-spring hub ,used the threaded turn hub The management is very good the work place is good always checked safety and looking for other when working and on top and getting things done on time The hardest part of the job is working on the wax team i found The most enjoyable was running the Zamboni
Don't look down on folks who work for Walmart. I chose my days and hours of work, I get a decent wage for what I do and the only reason I gave it an overall 4 star is that it can be physically demanding.
Chronic understaffing resulted in excessive workloads for the employees. We could never keep up and the warehouse was a mess. Most management was great, but they did nothing to fix the problems. Maybe there was nothing they could do, which is honestly worse.
my immediate supervisors and managers were very supportive and helpful and i learned a lot, and i also loved the people i work with. however, the store is understaffed and overstocked to the point of freight just sitting in the warehouse unable to go out because nobody applies to work at walmart so almost every department is understaffed. the store is a mess because of this. but good pay per hour and good benefits. but overall good work experience.
Never enough staff to do the job, no consistency with staff expectations. Some staff didn't have to do all job requirements leaving more work for other staff. Wage low not enough to live on comfortably.
Pros
Cons
Chronic understaffing
good place for a first job or just to stay busy. If you want if you want a real career, stay in school. this place is for very customer oriented people
It seems that the war-mart culture changed while I worked there...startred when the store where first being introduced to canada...had many opportunities to advance
the hours were decent and co workers were good to work with. the hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold and the hot sun.the most enjoyable part was the hours and exercise.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
worked outside in all weather
I have had the pleasure of meeting and working within a very diverse community of associates and management. I have had the opportunity to continually learn and advance my career, but am most excited about the teachings and advancement I was able to help my associates with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Commuting
Walmart was an alright place to work. I started in dry foods and worked my way to department manager, but I found it very hard to go anywhere with that company if you arent willing to pawn your work off on other people. Must say Multi-departmental in walmart is NOT a good thing.
Was only there a couple of weeks. Asked to get moved to a different area where they gave me no training in the new area. Management comment I "was lucky" to "still" be part of the team. No support as a part time student. No wonder there are so many positions open.
Pros
hr lunches
Cons
Long hours, no training
Working environment is pretty good, associates are super nice as well as managers and customers. Hours are great if you’re part-time, pay is okay not too bad. Terrible clocking in system, never calculates it right .
Pros
Get to work with amazing people
Cons
Long hours, rude customers
Was a great place to have your first job, they made me feel very welcome and helped push me to thrive! As long as you do your job there is no issues with working there!
lots of work to keep you busy and still time here and there to let you live your life as well. good job for starting out and then moving forward. defiantly hard work and everyone is always happy to help out if you need something.
Pros
good wages keep you busy stor discount and take care of their employees if someone gets hurt.
Cons
3 month probation for when you start is selective espectially during christmas.
They need to pay there employees better and give more opportunity for full time. And noticed the change in performancce that s are making. Understand that some people have kids and can't always work closing shifts
Very nice company to work for,No issue at all Start working there as a night stokers and in couple months promoted as a supporting manager and after three months promoted as a produce manager and then Assistant manager with in one year.
Typical 7 hours a day Overtime I learned i needed to communicate more Staff friendly Long hours and stressful Was working with the associates of walmart
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Long hours and stressful
Productive work culture, fast paced but fun. Friendly co-workers. Nice management accompanied with good incentives. ..................................
great atmosphere training was outstanding, management was pleasant and knew how to do there job the things i learned i will take and hopefully use it for better else where
Pros
canavas mugs calanders
Cons
losing a great management