Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Vegreville, AB

There is lots of lifting, and the amount of work to do sometimes doesn't add up to the amount of staffing required. but overall, the shift goes by quickly.
Walmart is a great place to work I enjoyed it very much. They olny pay minimum wage, but the work is easy enough. You meet new people and talk to customers all day. It's a great place to work.
This will not pay for your living expenses. This job is for students to make some extra money and for seniors to get away from home and make a little money doing it. Your full shift will not even pay for half a cart of groceries even with your discount.
This job is very demanding, as a cashier as you are always pushed to sell their MC , and or collect donations. I have made some great friends there , staff & customers . It is hard o. Your body after a while and . The Bonuses and benefits are great .
Pros
Work with nice people
Cons
Selling Master cards to the customers in this difficult time in every ones life
Serving customers, and cashier. Put in positions without proper training. A lot of gossip. A lot of disfunction. Given one day training to work in the accounting department. In customer service, there were too many different instructions on what needed to be done. You didn't know what was the right way.
I really enjoyed working for Walmart because the staff were very family orientated and always had a smile on their faces. Being the last person the customer seen I always tried to make their day a little bit brighter.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
sore feet from standing in one spot for long periods of time
As a cashier in Walmart, days start with greet customer and handling cash and credit. Work in a retail, you can see so many customers and dealing so much different characters. The hardest part was dealing with the grumpy people, But I always holding my friendly smile. Anyway, there are more friendly customers always there. And it’s my pleasure to serve them!
It was great learned lots and got to teach people on the items they were looking for and how it works as some customers had difficulty understanding how the products works.
wouldn't go back there to work as they do not have the work hours required to make a half decent pay, no benefits because you don't get enough hours to qualify for them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Working at Walmart was great you got to see a lot of new faces everyday got to help the customers find the products they were looking for, and making sure they had a great shopping experience
As a company it is a good place to work but at the location i was at its not. having to deal with people so arrogant and full of themselves is not what i signed up for
Was a great place to work for me as a teenager. There was always work to do. Good simple job, friendly work environment. Always something to do. Good deals on items.
Pros
good physical labor
Cons
crazy days
Was a great place to work. The staff is fun and there is tons to learn in all the department's. Was a nice job, and the areas of learning are never ending.
I would spend long days doing repetitive tasks, my back got sore very quick. Was promoted to mid-level management but was nearly paid the same as a cashier. Management will say performance is poor, even though they don't give enough training for management positions. I am glad I left.
Pros
minor discount on products after six months
Cons
everything else
on a normal day it would be pretty slow the walmart that i worked at was in a very small town, but i learned how retail works and working with customers isnt that bad, youll get the angry person from time to time, thankfully i can handle them. the hardest part of working at walamart was working with my co worker he was always rude to customers and they didnt like going to him so i had to take care of everyone, the best part of the job was when there was something new to do where i had to learn it then teach it
Pros
IF* full time you get great health benefits and other perks
Cons
a barely livable wage
One of the few places hiring during the time I was looking for a job. No love for managers except for my department manager.
I loved working at Walmart. It was fun, upbeat and I worked with a great crew.
Pros
Great crew
Cons
Not Enough Hours