Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Vaughan, ON

Work at Walmart is okay. Often, there will be customers who insist their way into getting what they want despite being wrong. It is also always short-staffed at the front end so I was often working alone at customer service with a long line up.
I personally wouldn't recommend, at least not at the 1095 northwest Vaughn location. Managers hide a ton from the store manager and go against a lot of what the store manager says. I have been told by 2 managers now not to do or say things where the store manager can see or hear so she doesn't think things can be handled. I ask for more hours and get ignored by the manager set to do scheduling. Get yelled at for doing things I am asked to do. It's just a mess. 100% not worth minimum wage when I should be making minimum of $20/hr. Majority of the managers don't even have the experience they're suppose to have, I had to teach some managers some things 2 weeks into starting there.
Dealing with all categories of customers was a hectic task, should be fast with the cashing and packaging the stiff as the environment is fast paced. The management is friendly, no stress a work, learned to greet and respect customers and make them happy and help them experience he best time at Walmart.
it was a great place to work, I enjoyed the people the colleagues. I gained lots of experience. I learned more about walmart and who shops there. So it was a great experience.
Pros
nice people
Cons
Workplace is relaxed usually and stressed out during new year eve and different events all around the year. Management is helpful and caring. Learned about customer service.
Solving and interacting with customers. Working under less supervision and maintaining good standard as outlined by the company rules and regulations.
all of the managers were really easy going and are very kind. They would always ask if I was okay and made sure that I had everything needed to be comfortable where I was working at the time
Mangers lie to higher ups about you and the higher ups false claim that you shoplifted. Noting but a joke Walmart is. Do not recommend Walmart for job.
Working there is not bad but a lot of angery customers come there and they blame you need to be calm and just takecare of it with relaxed energy not much to really say
I worked at Walmart for bike Crew for about three to four months. The management was fair and relaxed, the work load was not too intense and the pay was minimum wage. I worked at my own pace so long as I met the daily quota for bikes built and if assembling bikes got tiring I was always free to go onto the sales floor and assist customers with any questions regarding the bikes. Overall there was a fair balance of labouring work and customer help.
Professional working environment ..follow all policies and procedures regarding health and safety ... managing cashiers and making schedule..follow up on employees
This company allows room for growth. If you are willing to put in the work, you can easily advance your career within the company. They will provide you the tools you need.
If you are looking for a stable continuing job, then it is great besides the continuous cleaning, dealing with managers and customers. But as a student your legit living a double life; you are not able to balance it out because they expect the younger you are the more work they can force you to do because the full time people just get to slack for being older. As a student I had to deal with calls about coming in when I am never free because of school and having to contact managers when they would reject my days off for my tests,exams and assignments that are due. If your student do not work here it is not worth the physical and mental pain that they give you.
Most of the managers were great in my location but the training was awful. Hours in my own experience were awful, senior co-workers will always have priority on hours so you may not get your desired shifts. The employee discount is only 10%. Although I only worked here for a couple of months I did not enjoy myself, I constantly went home feeling unfulfilled, there are no areas to grow within your role, which is something that I was told would be possible (I.e. no supervisor position for loss prevention) if you want to grow past loss prevention then there are positions open. You get anual raises however they are between 10-50 cents and very few get 50 cents. Overall it is a good job to have if you are transitioning from jobs. Lastly apps, apps, apps, (apps=apprehension) you are expected to get apprehensions as much as possible for anything, arresting an individual for illegal activity is a good way to learn however depending on your store you may not apprehend as many people as others. My last point is a positive one, you can network well with officers this is for those who want to be any form of law enforcement, it is good way to get to know those in the uniform.
Pros
Good way to network.
Cons
Undesirable hours, co-workers (depending on location), and not paid lunches
Walmart is a place for people looking for stability. You get to choose your hours, managers were flexible and friendly. There is an opportunity to grow in the business if you wish to do so.
A typical work day work be very busy, handling returns. Ensuring customer satisfaction. ordering merchandised. refilling shelves, keeping walks free of debris, attending performance summary meetings. and helping customers.
Pros
Employees discounts and Walmart stock purchases for employees
Cons
Timely lunch breaks
Walmart is a good place to work in. I think maybe the location I worked in was a little messy and management wise it was a little biased. Overall it was and alright place.
• Assist Customers with their wireless needs • Manage inventory efficiently • Process daily, weekly, and monthly reports on business transactions, Inventory orders, sales and customer activations In charge of managing and creating monthly schedules
-friendly place to work -fast paced -management is very helpful and willing to help you succeed -all the resources are provided to perform varies job tasks
walmart is the starting point of many individuals especially students who wish to work while studying. it is a great way to make money on the side while focusing on school.
Pros
flexible
Cons
mind numbing
Walmart is a well organized company that stays relevant. The management is great and the people division are wonderful. the company expects a lot however if you have a strong work ethic you will have the opportunity to advance in your career. Bonuses are fantastic. The culture is all about the people. I have learned stronger behavioural style leadership skills and operational strengths
Pros
management, networking, advancement