Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Very good interesting job good managers always ready to help learned a lot about customer handling and stuff . Always meeting new people learning new things
To be fair the only thing that makes this job bad is the management. They're uncoordinated, and some of them have a biased. I think to improve they're coordination they should form a meeting once a week to discuss things related to how they function, for example: thinking of overworking employees. Employees shouldn't have to worry about asking their manager to fix their shifts to make them some what consistant
Pros
Easy starting job
Cons
You're gonna be overworked
Working at Walmart is good. We get a chance to help customers and the skills can be developed in order to get new opportunities to work and gain experience in the retail industry.
It is a very fast work environment esp. in fullfilment, always active no worrying about gym or workouts. Lots to learn for beginners that is the fun part.
It was although a great experience Still not a bad team to work with People are hard working understanding Pay is not a big thing here other then that everyone is amazing
Walmart is a great company to work with peers and employees as they are really cooperative with everyone . Overall, working conditions are up to the mark and very handy. A person can easily learn and grow with new opportunities
provided great customer service made sure customer was well taken care off whether they wanted to help to the car or help loading their buggy. I went out of my way to please the customer's needs
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
sometimes long hours
Walmart gives a student work experience. I worked here for 1.5 years. My experience was just fine not too good not too bad. Wages are good but the management in my location sucks. Would definitely recommend to a newcomer.
Great experience to work at walmart. People are really good and supportive. Great team and management. Lots of stuff to learn and s good platform to start with.
Love working at walmart because of very nice co-workers , cooperative managers and sustainable environment. Moreover the pay rate is also better than other places.
If you are a newcomer or a student, then Walmart is a good workplace for starting. It pays $1 more than minimum and is brave enough to trust you as an inexperienced workforce.
i liked the job. Downside was we were always down people so it put more pressure on us cashiers. my managers were cool. it was only scary when i had to talk to them cause they dont come friendly. they should smile more
It was work i could handle, they let me take on more tasks as I grew and showed initiation. The management was informative, easy to work with and can help you advance, if you so choose.
Walmart has diverse workplace culture which allows people to work as team by having different background. As a member of Walmart, i learn how to handle customers and also give priority to them.
Company going through much needed process changes, significant resistance to Change among associates and management. Poor culture, lack of trust in senior management at district level because they are aloof and do not engage with associates. Management in stores are frustrated and only change in senior leadership at district level can help shape the needed future, a lot faster and with certainty.
Pros
benefits, profit sharing, dpsp
Cons
culture
The company was great to work with a decade ago. At the management level, the expectations to the salary consideration is not in alignment. Morally, I could no longer work for a company that treats employees like garbage.
Pros
10%discount
Cons
people are very nice. the hardest part of the job is standing all through 7 hours shift. and some of the customers took advantage of their right when it comes to returning/exchanging their items without receipt.
A great place to start and learn. Co-workers are very friendly and the job is easy. Every day is a new challenge since you are facing with new customers and different needs. Working is fun and management is great but there is no advancement in this job.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
advancement in this job is not possible
A place like thistowork is like a heaven to work in and I had working at this place. The staff that they hire is really nice and very compliant and apart from bring compliant they are also very understanding and caring,
Working as a cashier for 2 years, I learned everything there is to retail at the front-end of any store. The job itself got too repetitive for me, and I just lost purpose of my spot on the “team”. Very very prominent system of hierarchy, the CSMs yell at us because they’re yelled at by the Assistant Managers. CSMs basically run the front end & they control you like a machine. You don’t have a say whether you’ll have your break 30mins into your shift, or 3.5 hours in. The store as a whole is a priority, not you
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Discouraging hierarchy, management
No flexibility Got told I can't use the bathroom while on shift. I had to wait for my breaks. Not moving as a cashier caused me knee problems Pay was not good.