Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Uxbridge, ON

As minimum wage jobs go, it doesn't get much better than Walmart, professional management with lots of employee benefits, as long as you work hard, you can expect to do well.
Pros
45 minutes of break-time!
Cons
Stocking can be very physically demanding, one night, 1000 boxes, my spine is still tingling.
Great place to work with lots of different coworkers. Meet new people everyday. Possibility to move up in the company. Gained many certifications through the company.
the staff is really nice but the managers are terrible. it is a hostile work environment. personal lives of workers are not considered at all and managers are always changing. it is an unsteady workplace that allows no employee to feel confident that they can express legitimate concerns. i do not recommend working there at all!
Pros
reasonable breaks
Cons
inconsiderable work schedules
My time at Walmart was one of the most loathed times of my early working career. Hardly any shifts, bad pay, even worse supervisors, and atrocious working conditions.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Constant overworking
Typical day would be keeping my department clean and tidy, while helping customers with their purchases. Putting out new stock and organizing the shelves. It was a fun job, I enjoyed the people I worked with and enjoyed talking with the customers.
Pros
Discount on groceries.
Cons
Slow store.
They don't know how to train employees, they don't have good organization, people are lazy and if cant find something will say its overstocked they didn't know how to zone the shelves managers will micromanage you and play hide and seek and find someone who will tell you what to do that day. Once you first arrive you don't know what you are doing for the day.
fun workplace, have a team cheer in morning meeting to get staff going. Fun store to work at. I work in a small store so we have great customer service
I didn't mind working for Walmart but we had all managers that rotated around to different stores. We didn't have many mangers that were there for very long. The money was good.
fun place to work. Upper management listens and appreciates new ideas to better the workplace. Always thinking of new ways to make the business more profitable while ensuring associates are in a fun environment
I enjoy working at Walmart. Over the years I have been hired back four times which has been amazing. Our store is a training store, so quite often our management comes and goes and it is very inconsistent and difficult to get used to. Recognition for employees also lacks and I think as a store we work really hard.
Pros
Free lunches!
Cons
Not enough staff