Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Trenton, ON

The company was ok to work for years ago but to unsure on job security. It does have perks with benefits and profit sharing programs that are offered.
My over all experience is well and i would say this app helps to carry out my career.The management at wall Walmart is quite good.Some time works become hard and fast.
I very much enjoyed working at Walmart and would have continued to do so if a full-time position had of been available. Walmart provided training and flexible hours.
The staff and management were friendly it was fairly easy as an overnight stocker. No complaints on my end. The hardest part of the job was if we were understaffed that is all.
At least at this walmart, the zero communication between management and employees makes for a difficult work environment. The cliques and backstabbing is just as bad. There is room for advancement however with Walmart more focused on online than brick and mortar stores may become smaller and staff size reduced.
The management was amazing when I started, everyone was exactly where they knew best, but shortly after the manager for the back room transferred and it left the fulfillment team with a under trained and inexperienced manager. The work was quite simple though.
Pros
Hour long lunch, decent pay, McDonald's in the store, nice coworkers.
Cons
Management was untrained, advancing in your position felt impossible.
They don't follow availability of employees, schedule is posted on wall never emailed, confusing when you first start there, concerns are never addressed and hours fluctuate greatly. Missed breaks and management doesn't care about their employees.. Feel like just a number. Don't teach new things very well you are just expected to wing it Not a lot of team work, seems to be a lot of segregation within the ranks, if you're popular then you go places if not you get overlooked
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Hours fluctuate too much and schedule is posted in store
The associates (in my store) are mostly all kind and while they may not always work together as much as you would like, they do their best to get the job done. Extremely low accountability, in fact, it's nearly non-existent. Anyone with any sort of condition will be excused for nearly anything in fear of it being taken as discrimination. Management isn't terrible, but can be hard to get along with from time to time. Short hours makes it difficult to live on as a full-time job. Full time min hours is 28 Part time min hours is 12 They will typically keep you as close to this line as they can. Cash shifts are usually available to pick up.
Pros
10% Discount card
Cons
Random hours, anywhere as low as 12 hours a week.
Evertything is mandated by a corporate guideline, and you have to follow what they say exactly to a T and god forbid you have anything contrary to say because they ignore you or punish you for it. put it in way too much work for what it was worth.
They gave me a job and that i am great-full for however they don't give enough hours out and the management are very rude most of the time. Anyone i know who gets cut from there.. Ends up being very happy and well the place needs a major fix!!! people on the floor always get called up to go on cash and yet they cant give the cashiers hours???? we sales floor workers need to keep the store clean and help our customers.. we cant do that if we are on cash... Walmart is extremely wealthy.. yet they cant afford to give the little people the hours they deserve.. Everyone i know complains about this!!! EVERYONE!! even the full timers are upset,,
just to much online training, but then vary good at working and getting to know you and healing in anyway they can but works you hard and vary kind. !
Pros
kind
Cons
The big things I took away from my time at Walmart was a strong work ethic and a love of connecting with other people, colleagues and costumers. Management was great, people were very friendly, and everyone worked together very well. The hardest part of the job was always trying to find new ways to be productive everyday.
fun workplace, meet a lot of great co-workers, management needs some major improvement and more respect for their employees. Other than that Wal-Mart is wonderful.
Busy periods with customers in and out of the photo lab, cash trainers always called to the floor around busy days. I learned alot by being put on the floor to help with mods, stock shelf and zone. Management team was amazing they were very helpful and understanding.
Pros
every friday at the end of the month we could dress up
Cons
N/a
Walmart is a job well suited for someone that doesn't have alot of experience working. It offers various types of jobs and work levels. However, this job is not for someone who wants to be proud of the work they accomplish as tasks usually run into the next without any sense of completion.
Pros
times had nacho/ icecream/ pizza/ donut days (all free)
Cons
No sense of completion, management never agrees with eachother so it is hard to get a straight answer
Walmart is a great place to work, the environment is good and you can easily make friends and be cooperatives with your co-workers. There were a lot of events for different amounts of days without accidents as well as for holidays. Management was very understanding and accommodating to those with health issues or injuries. The hardest part of the job was promoting the Walmart Mastercard. Having to ask every customer every day can sometimes invoke anger within people and this is understandable but we must ask anyway. For some people, it is really easy to promote the Mastercard and for others, it's nearly impossible. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the customers when I could and feeling like I made a difference.
Pros
Good benefits for employees (cheaper rates for hotels, phone bills, etc.)
Cons
Tiny amount of full-time jobs. No real Benefits.
-My daily routine at work is, we start off with a meeting seeing how the sales of the day was and to see what department we get put in, for example, im usually in the food department, so I stock and separate the product. Then around 5am We usually Start to clean up whitch includes, pulling back skids, cleaning up all the cardboard and making sure the stores nice and zoned up before 7am opening time. -What I learned at Walmart, I learned how to read a label properly to start off, I started off on days learnt how to deal with customers properly, then how to use the machine to pick up the shopping carts, then from there I went to afternoons, and on that shift I was a unloader, so with that being said, it taught me the proper way and most stable way how to build a skid. And then finally I was asked to go on midnights whitch I been on for the last 4 years, midnights is a little bit faster pace on a busy night, so my work ethic and speed are very good. Midnights I learnt how to use a telzon gun, its a little hand made computer that you bin and pick merchandise with, It taught me why its so important to have it cleaned zoned and ready to go by morning, But the biggest thing Walmart taught me this includes all shifts is that, Customers always come first, there the most important part of the business.. - The hardest part of my job is the midnights, I can do midnights, but its been 4 years now, getting hard on the body, everything else is basic once you get to know something, nothing is hard. - The most enjoyable part of my job id have to say is, keeping busy and - more...
Pros
free half hour lunch and two 15 min break, lunch isnt paid for.
Cons
5 days a week 8 hour shifts.
I have been at my job now for almost 4 years. I love the interaction I have with co-workers as well as customers. In a typical day my duties are to keep my area neat and tidy, to assist customers with product selection and information. I also operate a POS system daily. The management team are fantastic and have provided me the opportunity to grow my leadership skill set. They trust in me to provide direction and guidance to my fellow associates so that they are able to focus on more important tasks. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is making sure every customer is satisfied. Unfortunately my current employer does not provide any training in my field. All of the knowledge that i posses is due to my own research on my own time. I have done this in order to provide my customers with the knowledge that they need to make an informed decision. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer and I have had an informative discussion and they have selected a product that they are confident in!
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
No Job Security
start shift with exercises then go to area of assignment deal with several different products management went out of there way to accommodate my needs and were very family focused pace of work dealing different products and meeting great people
Pros
great employee discounts
Cons
night shift
cashensure customer satisfactiongood team playersgood communication
Pros
good work environment
Cons
not enough hours