Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Trail, BC

When I was referred to take a leave, store manager wouldn’t accept my sick pay as a way for me to still be able to feed my family and pay bills. Was basically told to suck it up and come back to work. I ended up having to quit my job and find a new job closer to home and less stressful. Now on EI.
Management is evil people, They come for you everytime. Bulling in the workplace by management everyday. If you dont fit in with them your out. If your not from this town your automatically watched or out. Pretty much condemned, if you have a disability because they dont care. Open door policy is a joke. They talk about you behind your back. This store is a joke.I Have worked for another store and never treated so badly in my life like the one in Trail.
Pros
Personal feeling of accomplishment
Cons
I like working at WALMART. Job security is high. Good Pay. Nice team work. Secure work place. Efficient Management. Well trained department managers and staffs
It was a better place until we got new overnight manager. He panicked in situations. He micro manage and nobody now likes to work O/N. People are quiting or changing departments and store manager just tends to ignore all complaints. This store is going downhill as a working place.
You are over worked and under paid! Short staffed and expected to do more than your share. If you are trying to support a family I suggest you look for a higher paying job.
I worked at Walmart for over a year. I always put my best into every task I was tasked with performing in my department, whether it be stocker, inventory, and putting things away.
it was a very good experience . i learned picking binning auditing there and also stacking of skids and Pallets . i learned to use pallet jack . it was a very good journey with walmart
I ENJOY MY JOB WITH WALMART CANADA. GREAT company to work for. always promoting their staff.yearly profit sharing. flexable shifts. great training good management
Disorganized, high ego management that dont know whats going on at all in the store and fire you for the littlest thing that they dont like at all, do not work here.
Pros
Cons
The whole store and work area.
if you like forever chaning policies and being overworked then this is the place for you. if you love being everywhere at once and doing the job of 4 or more people on any given day with little to no support from management then apply to work here.
Pros
benifits after 1 year, "competitive wages", flexible hours
Cons
understaffed, "competitive wages", overworked
In past was a good place to work.Company does offer benefits to full time employees. Looking for another job to learn new skills as I have worked in all areas now.
i open the bakery prep all morning baking's for daily use for public. Train new hires, help the public . I close when I need to, train for the night time closing shifts
Pros
friendly team
Cons
not enough staff
Very precise in your duties every day. Environment is very enjoyable also. I learned to lead, produce and execute task easier. I was pleased with the management.
Pros
Everyone worked together
Cons
not enough management for all the employees
Walmart is a great place for people that should work a temporary job; it also promotes teamwork even though it's evident not everyone will participate.
supportive environment with helpful team members.highly skilled and problem solving management.just looking for more opportunities to grow.
I have learned that there is a lot of possibility for career opportunities, always room to move up in the company. Management was very professional and courteous to other workers, I have met some very nice people working for Walmart.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not alot of hours
I have learned alot of stuff to use in my future jobs. i just listen to the bosses and have enjoyed my time with them
Pros
learn lots
Cons
not enough money
a typical day at wal-mart nightshift is basically working the product to the floor and binning the product in the backroom, management can be very tough, but they will always listen to you if you have any questions or concerns, your coworkers could be family or friends, they will be there to help you, or if they need help, the hardest part of the job is completing all of the jobs that the managers give you, and trying to keep them happy. the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are going to work knowing that the products that you handle will be bought by someone
Pros
good pay
Cons
not very good hours, cant keep the bosses happy
unload trucks and stock sheaves 3 pm 12am and do carrie outs for customers
- Ringing the customers though the till in a happy and timely matter- Making sure the customers shopping experience was safe and good.- Positive attitude- Dealing with any issues that the customers may have overcome.
Pros
happy enviroment
Cons
long hours on feet