Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Thunder Bay, ON

Working at Walmart its never really slow paced, you work efficiently and quickly. I became super fast in my job as a cashier and received many compliments. I enjoyed the customer service aspect and having conversations with people, truly a day brightener.
Friendly work atmosphere. Always gave me the time off that I requested and always ways to move up and get more hours. Always something to do to keep busy Easytto to
Its good place to work. Honestly, I don't find any challenging things here. So, after sometime you may get boared by doing same things. still there is chance that you can change your department.
If you need a job, you're pretty much guaranteed to be hired here. They'll even hire people who are autistic, or have other sorts of mental situations. Get on the fresh side because they pay an extra dollar if you work with food.
Enjoyed the staff and salary love the hour lunch for 8 hours the discount was great and the customers too good training on the computer clean store and lots of support from managers
I worked in a million-dollar store and that helps me handle a lot of customers, freight, and people too. So it was an amazing experience to work in a fast environment and we will be noticeable and higher position can be easily achievable.
Pleasant fast paced working environment with annual performance reviews, benefit package, stock options and annual profit sharing are the perks. Appreciation by direct manager is regularly announced. Individual expectations vary depending upon certain work loads and personal capabilities.
the working environment at Walmart is fun and fast paced. team work is the key. Managers listen to the employees concerns and help them resolve the respective issues.
It is a great experience, working in an excellent team, which teaches all the tasks with excellence and also made me a team person. Moreover, I learned to deal with the challenges with ease by putting my efforts in fulfilling the task requirement.
At Walmart you got the training you needed to perform your job. There were no false promises about how much money you could make. Benefits were alright and bonuses were achievable and distributed equally.
I am happy with my job at Walmart. My fashion team associates are great to work with. I feel I am treated fairly. Management is good. Except for a couple. But, that is pretty much wherever you work. I feel the pay could be better. After Christmas my hours go down. As a part time worker, I am guaranteed 12hrs/ week. So now I am working 3 part time jobs.
Tough to balance work life mix Hard on body Lots over overtime Nice people to work with Always job openings Lots of turnover in employment Good company to work for lots of benefits
If you are fresh and out of school, I good place to learn life and work skill. As a company, the store I was in was not a very good place to work due to incapable management. Not sure about other stores.
lots of hours,must love people,fast paced,co workers are helpful,able to work the register and promote walmart mastercard,computer training is nice,suoervisors are helpful
It was just a bad experience, The manager was a flake and just blocked me all the way to the end of my training. I have a lot of experience with loss prevention but had to wait until I could not take the place anymore and quit...
Pros
It is a job
Cons
mind numbing place to work
Its been two years working with the Walmart they help me get experience with the customer service and how the retail market works. They helped me grew in the two years.
A great job was there for almost four years. Management changed a lot. Some managers try too hard and create a bad atmosphere otherwise it was a pretty good place to work at.
Pros
profit share
Cons
managers
Overall Walmart was a very good working experience and they are very open and honest and hard working, very clean and motivational! Highly Recommend.
My duties were to prepare all baked goods for the store. Some products required different procedures. Occasionally I was also required to assist other departments.
Pros
Consistent and flexible breaks
Cons
Extreme heat
One of the best place I have worked in is walmart memorial in thunder bay. the staff as well as the managers here are too friendly and like family. However, busy it is the complete staff together handles the rush and people leaving the store are always happy.
I enjoyed working with since authorities are good enough to work with. provide support of each and every kind so never need to fear about anything if you have made an mistake then also.