Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Thornhill, ON

There is no room for advancement! The pay is minimum wage! The work is easy. The work is boring! I did not enjoy working there as I need a challenge and excitement!!!
Wal-Mart is a company that shows young workers what it is like to have to deal with all types of customers and to always be positive no matter the situation. I believe I learned a lot about how I would never treat people at Wal-Mart and at the same time how to have a good working relationship with upper management. the hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were rude and the easiest part was ensuring all isles were clean. the workplace culture was okay there were negatives and positives from person to person but that is expected in every work place. A typical day for me was arriving and opening the garden centre, checking customers out, watering plants, cleaning up isles, loading bags of dirt, and unpacking new items for the store.
a good place for students to work and study. the environment is pretty friendly. the store I am working is suffering from poor management but overall Walmart is a good place to start.
Being an Associate in Walmart is a great life experience for because it is a great workplace, I have learnt a lot in terms of the steps in which you take to accomplish a job and also observing safety measures. I would also say that the hardest part of my job is getting my job delivered in a safe manner but it makes it the most enjoyable part in my job
A typical day at work consisted of handling and processing regular and some complicated transactions. Communicating with customers and co-workers on a daily basis was always kept interesting and engaging. Enjoyable workplace culture, with demanding responsibilities and having the ability to adapt well to difficult situations.
Pros
Communicating with new customers everyday.
Cons
Long hours.
long hours outside in the weather. I have learned great customer services skill and how to deal with customer problems. the hardest part of the job would be to work long hours and theirs no help at all, but that help you work harder and faster to get the job done. the most enjoyable part of the job is that I would be able to pick the time I take my lunch's.
Pros
good people to work around
Cons
long hours with no help
a company that is constantly changing its structure and re-organzing management. leadership and company directives change all time which make it difficult to learn and grow.
Pros
salary is competitive
Cons
long working hours, lack of staff
Yelling, verbal abuse, snide remarks, sideways looks, hostility, intimidation, implied threats, weapon display, physical confrontation, predatory behaviour. Etc... Nothing done to remove said people as management demonstrates similar behavior. Disturbed personalities work here, stay away.
A good place to grow as individual,I have learn a lot as a Customer service associate,I know how to handle a problematic customer, i help them in everything I can.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
I worked in the produce department, I had past experience in the department. I worked for longos before working here, and this is why they gave me a chance. I was able to prove myself fairly quickly. This job revolved around stocking shelves on the sales floor and answering customer inquiries. As for co-workers, I only had 3 others working with but the way the schedules worked, the department would only have one person closing the department at night time. The hardest part of the job was having to clear out a trailer of new deliveries every night on my own and having to stock it in the cooler, while still tending to customer needs on the sales floor. The best part of the job was the fact that for the most part employees were friendly with one another, and were able to help out in different departments (although it was not a part of their job description.)
Pros
good family type setting
Cons
not the best management
Every day was busy. Managing the whole studio alone with too many responsibilities was not that easy. The management was awesome. I learned how to be multi-task. Taking picture of kids was fun and enjoyable.
I enjoyed working at walmart the employees were very nice and the management was competent and I enjoyed working with them.
Customers returning purchased items for store credit or refund. would fill out credit card applications for customers. Learned customer service skills and western union money transfers. The hardest part of the job was when there was a huge line line and we were short staff and customers would eventually start complaining. the most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to handle a difficult customer and without having to call my manager I would calm him/her down and resolve the problem and the customer would leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
less hours than i needed.
Company is grate to work for, people are amazing and i learned a lot.
Walmart is a very enjoyable place to work, with many benefits. A great employer to work for with ample opportunity for growth and promotion. Said Walmart is littered with associates that are caring and very tight knit. A very family like atmosphere with a wide variety of cultures and people.
On that day, one customer complained about ATM in store and claimed that "She asked for $200.00 but the ATM gave her only $140.00 She came to customer service and asked for help.The associate in customer service, called the manager for help.The manager said, this is not our responsibility about ATM and cannot do anything, cause we don't have proof.The customer got so upset and started to fighting to the manager.The manager came to my office and asked me to go help the customer.I asked the customer to explain her problem.after that I said, I am sorry this happened to you, but I promise will help you to solve the problem but I need you wait until tomorrow morning 8 am.She started yelling at me,why tomorrow morning.I said, I am not allowed to open ATM at work hours, But I will open tonight after closing time, and will stay here to find out what happened.and you call me or i will call you before 12 am.She gave me her phone number and I stayed 20 more mins and then counted the ATM and got report then find out that we have $60.00 extra money on there.So I called to the customer and told her that tomorrow morning can come to the store and take her money.I was so happy that helped the customer and made her happy.
Pros
making customers happy, helping to increase profit of our store
Cons
less registers
Very nice coworkers and Management feels like a family`fast busy but customers are greatful
Pros
fun and caring environment
Cons
salary
I was an associate in the cosmetic section. Each day consisted of maintaining a clean department and ensuring customers are always able to get assistance. I would help customers find the product that is right for them and answer questions when needed. I was trained on cash as well as worked at the jewellery counter and customer service desk. I learned how to perform a large variety of tasks in a fast pace work environment. Majority of the managers were very nice, helpful and accommodating. The co-workers were very fun and friendly and great team players. The hardest part of the job was maintaining perfect cleanliness during busy hours in very larger and messy departments. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with customers and working with beauty products that I like.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
shifts ending at 11 pm on school nights
team work and no pressureas long as you are hardworking, there is a room for career advancement