Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Thompson, MB

although i was just a store standards, i was basically the everything guy when i used to work here, which is a common thing for a that role in this location. the hardest part i would say, is pushing carts in minus 40 weather, on the snow... the best part was pushing carts in the sunny days of 40 plus.
Pros
hours are great.
Cons
no real overtime.
Working and managing employees, increasing productivity in work place, with inventory accountability. Manage store unsupervised, and decision making on a daily basis
I have learned a lot at it was a interesting place to work and kept me busy, everyday was a new learning experience for myself and I wish to learn new things.
Working for this company was fun to me the employees and management were like family. lots of laughs but still got our jobs done,at time of my employment were really understaffed so some days would seem longer then others but still every shift was a good one even on the most busiest days of the year. My hours were great and the costumers you meet make your day. Some costumers that are regulars you make a bond with.
Pros
Discounts, medical coverage
Cons
understaffed
Honestly I kid you not the CSM are filled with poo all they do is sit and gossip about cashiers. The management is awful look somewhere else for a job
Pros
You might meet other nice cashies
Cons
You're gonna lose yourself while working here might even become depressed
Working at worlds largest retail company was challenging but learnt lot of new things.Working in multicultural environment was exciting and loved the job.
Pros
Associate discounts
Cons
nothing
great work place, awesome employers and co-workers. very fast pace environment during the holidays and weekends. met new people everyday. awesome place to work at.
Walmart is very fun place to work. The Walmart employees are quite respectful and nice. Walmart has great environment. You always learn something new be it from customers or employees.
Pros
Lots of friends
Cons
had a lot of fun and learn a lot of things while woking there.it has developed lot of skills while i was working there and it has improved so many new skills in me.
Pros
new experience
Very hard job but it was good for me to survive in Canada. My assistant manager in night shift was not able to manage workers.
I personally enjoyed my time with Walmart. My peers were professional, my managers were helpful, and everyone was friendly.
handling clients with showing best option of products. learned to follow up clents and understanding their requirements handling cash , atm services, charge account. and finalizing the bussiness.
Works well in laud enviroment learned how to serve customers the most enjoyable part the job was fun
Pros
Discounts
organize, stock merchandise alot of codes for merchandise management was great co/workers were great hardest part trying to help grumpy customers enjoyable part was never letting the grumpy customers get me agitated
Pros
not enough hours
Cons
never a boring day always meeting people and shuffling merchandise
Management Was Great,Learned Alot about Different Departments I just asked and They Gave you The Answer Right away the Co-workers are Hard Workers ! The Most Enjoyable Part of my job was When I got to help the Customers Find What they Needed .
It was alright working here , i learned alot especially when i first started. I had to do these questions and watch videos on the computer for about a week about the workplace, W.H.I.M.I.S, and safety, etc. The management was cooperative with everyone. My coworkers at the time were very respectful and helped me at hard times. The hardest part of the job was probably having to standing in the same place for a long period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and having more experience at being a cashier.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Good hours to work with .