Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Terrace, BC

It’s fun , coworkers are fun to work with and I’m happy that I have great coworkers ,who also love their jobs and to have fun with work and to helping people with their experience at Walmart better
the working conditions are very good. and I always enjoyed the work and their management is also very cooperative and they always help the employee if trouble with work
Pros
job secure
Cons
opportuinty
I worked at Walmart since 2008, and I really enjoyed it. They provided and pay all my trainings, investigation course, license, and others. It’s a great company, I love Walmart.
Bluntly speaking, it was a fecal show. Almost all the managers were sub par and the store manager was and is completely horrible. I started as Store Standards and then got requested to change to Meat Associate. The wages (minimum wage) are bad, especially considering how much labour you do and how much Walmart makes. For the most part, employees are not treated fairly and this makes the job harder than required. I would not recommend this job unless you're in desperate need of money or have no other choice atm.
Walmart, Prejudgements on the very first customers service desk always started as you just tried to work your self with new enthusiasm on a old workplace.
was a great job but the management was so compartmentalized that staff had trouble with extrapolating the information handed down at times and the manager I was working for was a bit insensitive
My co-workers were the best part while Management generally fell short. The Store manager would not take the time to learn the issues going on within her store, Nor did she seem to care when they were brought to her attention.
wal mart was a great place to work, the people, the manegment. just an all around great place. the hours were mine if i wanted them, i also worked as an unloader for a few months. stocking shelves was an interesting job, because we would have more items then we had space for sometime.
Fasted pasted and easy and learned to work with others with multitasking. Management was awesome along with the work culture. Hardest part was been short staffed. best part of the day was working as a team
Career advancements is a bit of an exaggeration. Management acts like children. Being a hard working part time associate I hoped to get that career advancement but when a new worker came to work with me he didn't like it and was able to transfer immediately, I applied for 8 different positions including 2 department manager positions and was denied all. When my department manager left for 2 weeks, I was left to basically run 2 departments by myself plus abit of meats.
Pros
competative wage, honest breaks, respectful co workers
Cons
Immature Management, unorganized dairy/freezer bins
It was a great chance for me to learn about customer service quality in canada , work on my soft skills through short conversations with so many customers every single day. The hardest part was long standing hours. The fun part was slowly making friends with familiar faces of returning frequent shoppers
Hard working employers, easy to get along with. Helping customers with what they need, making sure the truck was unloaded and shelves are stocked everyday.
My time at walmart was a good experience. I learned a lot of new things about customer service. I also enhanced my scanning/bagging skills, in a quick and organized manner
I would not consider this as an option because the managers are idiots and have no real interpersonal skills. If you can tolerate this and enjoy working with the public, you can enjoy it as long as you avoid the managers.
The management team is the best in this work place; they can be understanding and helpful. The team of workers they have for each section is amazing in their own way.
Pros
benefits are awesome, they celebrate birthdays, the managers are really understanding
Cons
to get the benefits at walmart you need to be a full time worker, sometimes they are under staffed.
I enjoy my job. The people that I work with are great, but you sometimes get frustrated with the amount of hoops you have to jump through to donate item to local charities or groups.
Pros
You get bbq's and other food products for safe days
Cons
Long days, communication not very good sometimes
Working at Walmart provided a lot of insight into the inner workings of a department store, however with a high turn over rate and too many managers, day to day was not constant and often left hard working employees compensating for others.
Pros
Given responsibility, Work Alone, active work, educational
Cons
often called in to fill in for others, understaffed, over convoluted management staff
Meeting new people enjoying each day. Loved every coworker ive worked with. Hardest part of this job would be dealing with customers who are unhappy and not being able to make their day better.
Pros
Seeing everyone
Cons
Less Money
everyday working with customers was amazing. i loved meeting new people each and everyday. what i have learned was a lot.
I would start my day organizing the front store before we opened, I would do cashering and returns and also with customer complaints
Long hard work for little pay. Too many responsibilities for 1 associate. No recognition from management. Management too worried about pay and staying under part time hours then the woirk they want employees to do
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
too much work for too little pay