Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Taber, AB

A typical day at work consisted of ringing customers through in a timely but friendly matter, keeping your area tidy to minimize the risk of injury for customers and associates. I learned customer service skills and time efficiency. The hardest part of the job was asking about the Walmart Mastercard and trying to promote it to the customers when you yourself didn't feel comfortable having the card. I enjoyed interacting with the customers, you learned who you could joke around with and who wanted to get in and get out as fast as they could.
Walmart was a good place to work, if you like fast paced work. The only reason I quite was that it was too difficult to work two jobs at one time. The discount was great too.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Fast paced.
I currently work in the backroom and the key to success on any given day is communication between associates. If you have a question someone will always have and answer for you.
Learned much about all aspects of large retail operations. Each store environment is different depending on the managers, some great, some not so much, like most places.
Pros
discount
Cons
low recognition
was fun to do, gained customer service skills, learned new skills along the way. advanced quickly, friendly staff, bosses were great people, was a new store at the time so kind of unorganized.
Pros
hours
Cons
wage
The customer service managers were often standing over my shoulder. I felt like they did not trust me. It seemed like their number one priority was to get MasterCard applications.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
The managers excessively hovered over the cashiers.
walmart was a bad experience for me. the management was terrible and staff was treated very poorly. scheduling was never correct and days off requests were often ignored.
Cons
bad management. poor hours.
my time at kfc was may have been short but in the time I was there I got do a lot of different thing like put toys and clothes away ect..
i enjoyed working at Walmart, I am a very friendly and out-going person so working with customers is amazing. I enjoy meeting new people. Also the employees are a great group of people to work with.
Pros
the people were always soo friendly, made allot of friends
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
C-ordinate promotional activites. Management and co-workers were enjoyable. letting go a co-worker. Coaching for success
Pros
Training for success
Cons
Lomg hours
Great people to work with on the night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see friends at work and have fun working with them.
Pros
Great people to work with, fun enviroment
Cons
Equiment breaks to often
I enjoyed working at this job i met lots of people it it was a smallier community Taber it got me out of the house I learned how to manage train staff cash outs the hardest was being the only person on the till but i learned to tell jokes and smile to the grumpy customers
Pros
i loved the people i worked with
Cons
late brakes due to only one till at times
Administer Customer Service Scheduling and payroll programs, co-ordinate Recruitment & Selection process, Orientation and Training for Associates and performs compliance tasks as outlined by Wal-Mart policies, programs and government guidelines. To educate and give advice to management and associates on people policies and procedures as they relate to their area of responsibility,. An accessible resource to associates to answer questions or give advice on where to seek support to resolve concerns, questions and meet needs
Pros
Promotion