Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Sylvan Lake, AB

I had a great time working at walmart. There are a few things they could work on thou; for instance, not enough communication between managers and employee. Also have more awareness on lateral violence in the work place! Being yelled at about an injury and not going through the proper protocol for incidents, is not proper for any manager to do to a fellow associate!
Working for walmart for 8 years, helped me grow and become more independent and to work well with others. Some days were tough and I did not want to be there but overall, I enjoyed it. Most of all, I enjoyed the people I worked with. The pay was good and I was treated well by management.
The job was steady pace and not too hard. Management was out going and friendly. Over all I'd say the job was easy outher then some heavy lifting hear and there. it was a good place to work for if your after an entry level job.
Sylvan Lake Walmart used to be a good store but now it’s a dump. The current store manager is absolutely horrid. She constantly lies, hides from staff and customers and plays favorites. Absolutely appalling management “team”. If you have another choice DO NOT work here. Never take a ‘flex’ position. Flex just means part time with no guarantee of hours.
Pros
The staff are great but stressed out
Cons
Horrid store manager
Would not recommend working there. High expectations and low wages. They are trying to push full time people out. Brought in Flex positions. Part time and flex sometimes get more hours than full time.
Pros
10% off
Cons
Listening to employees constantly complaining about their job and management.
I enjoyed my time working here, the lack of benefits and low pay caused to me look elsewhere to support my family. Otherwise, no issues with anything and would go back now minimum wage is higher.
Wal-Mart as an overall company expects a lot from their associates and does not pay enough for what is expected. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing most of the time. Their are great protocols that, if followed, make things better but no one is on board with everything like they should be and then there is no incentive to do better. And they do not care if you quit or are unhappy for the most part. I had good experiences but most of the people I worked with were not super happy there.
Pros
part-time associates benefits
Cons
terrible pay
I honestly don't know what to say, I enjoy working at Walmart, my fellow co-works make the job more fun, the managers are some of the most understanding managers I have worked with. I am disappointed that my hours have changed but they gave us enough notice to allow us to adjust. Wal-Mart is a fast paced every growing company they strive to make themselves better to serve there customers better.
This company although the pay was not sustainable was a great job to work for to help with my Customer Service skills. There is also lots of opportunity to move up and there is generally something for every type of person
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
I liked the job, it was fulfilling but at times it could be a bit overwhelming. I got along well with the management and my fellow team members and liked the job overall.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Wouldn't switch departments
I enjoyed working in my department at Walmart. There was always plenty of work to do and the people I worked with were great to be around. The managers were always accommodating.
Pros
Fun environment, great people
Cons
a lot of noise, stress
Suite à un grave accident sur place (magasin), j'ai dû quitté et avoir une longue convalescence.
Pros
Expériences, réunions, heures, compréhension
Cons
Manque de sécurité applicable au travailleur et un manque de reconnaissance.
Good for teens going to school, not a life choice. Management team needs lots of work as well of be more for their employees instead of them selves . not a fun environment to work in.
Worked long hours, paid very little. They expected a lot from their employees with little regard for them. When the company asked if you would go above and beyond your duties, they mean that you will have to work at least three positions for little pay.
Pros
no pros
Cons
The work place has a friendly environment. The job is done in an orderly manner. Management is caring for their employees especially when you are just starting your working career.
listen how it all work and enjoyed meeting the people and listen happen fishing and tires, batters, paint and tools, the boss were nice and help me anytime
Would recommend working there if you enjoy minimal supervision and hour long lunch breaks. Easy job, and supportive staff.
Pros
Easy to learn and strive within company.
Cons
Management can be scattered.
Wal-Mart is a fairly easy place to work. The people there are in general are friendly and easy to work with. Teamwork is fairly normal in this area of work. I am constantly doing something and this job can be very high pace. I enjoy always having something to do at this job and being able to keep busy. The management i find can at times be impersonal and uncaring towards employees. There are zero benefits and i domt agree with how much waist there is at this business but other than that it is a good and friendly place to work.
Pros
10% discount, good people to work with in general
Cons
impersonal and poor managment
I found Walmart to be a great place for family orientated individuals. They try to work around your needs and schedule. They have good training and awesome incentives.
Pros
Store discounts and team environment
Cons
heavy lifting in some departments
Great place to work and a great place for people to go hang have some fun and have a nice hot meal. The food is great and the staff is awesome. well done
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours sometimes
I was hired when staff shortages were taking place and when there were lots of applicants for limited positions. I worked hard. The supervisors showed me lots of patience with me. I loved the gals I worked with.
Pros
contests for cashiers;
Cons
hours were being cut back