Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Sydney, NS

I am working in some time day shift and some time in evening shift. I have learned how can talk to customer in different situation. Management is good and cooperate with every employee. Most hardest part of the job is the that stand one place all over the shift.
My typical work day was to clock in, obtain a schedule of all customer experience associates, store standards and greeters schedule and organize when to go to break and who to cover, as well as assign associates to depts to do recovery, or clean up depts so they look presentable to the customers.
Pros
Always something to do, and always learning
its a really good place to work dont need to think abot anything else like stressfull things. Also all the employees are friendly. also employees have 10% discount
working the cash registers and stocking the shelves close to the registers. helping customers with their purchases and giving incentives while the supervisors helped or gave some direction
I'm not a very large person, so doing all of that physical activity all night was incredibly tiring, that paired with the fact that the floors were made from the leftover slag from when steel was a big thing in the area, really makes the floors hard and your feet ache after a few hours. Aside from that, the people were good, and there was enough of them that if you had to call off it wasn't a big deal.
Pros
The breaks were so nice, and had vending machines in the break room.
Cons
The managers refused to change my phone number, idk why?
The staff and management of Walmart are really kind and understanding, great customer services and enjoyed working in the deli and fresh side of store!
horrible, worse place I've ever worked at! management is horrible and rude! and so respect for young lings! and no freedom of washrooms! got flipped at every time i went to use the bathroom and flipped at when i helped costumers and that was my job as a costumer experience sales floor associate.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no hours
Customer service is key, restocking everything in the store, being nice to other get you in a better place in this area. People are going to help you back if your nice.
A typical work day involves cooking, cleaning , dishes and being part of a team. I've learned a lot of work ethic and how to work independent and in a team. The management team for the most part is great and easy to get along with but some are harder on their employees. The hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting, moving skids, carrying boxes and racking chickens. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I've make with my coworkers and the amazing environment it created.
Pros
schdualed luches and breaks
Cons
non flexable schedual
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Most of my day is pushing carts I have to push at least 20 to 40 carts with the pusher plus carry outs where I help older people with large items. It is a fun job full of friendly people who are always willing to help anyone at anytime.
Pros
The discount
Cons
None that I can think of
high paced and very productive work environment with a very friendly staff who are never shy to help out or give pointers and plenty of hours to keep you in work
Typical day at work was fast-paced. Management is iffy. Workplace seems fine initially; its not. Most enjoyable: regular customers. Reliable hours.
Job wasn't too bad at first but then new rules came into play and the whole environment changed makin it worse. Other staff members were really cliquey and management are very rude ignorant and like to talk about other employees all day
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Management not friendly
Really great place to work, co workers are very friendly. Management is also great. Friendly environment, overall great place to work at. Would recommend to a person to imply there if looking for a job.
Working for Wal-mart was a quite a change from the other labor jobs I'd worked in the past. The staff were friendly and helpful. The managers were understanding. The work was consistent with days off that went in line with my at home life. co-workers were awesome.
Pros
Consistent temporary work
Cons
contracted ended after 3 months
It's a great place to work, however right now they can't offer me the sort of stability I need, in hours and wages. Looking to increase my earning potential and possibly do something new.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Not enough staff
I learned basic training from other associates while the managers basically threw me to the sharks, most associates are very nice but there is definite favoritism in the building without a doubt. The hardest part of the job was showing up every day without crying, managers treat people very poorly unless you suck up to them.
Pros
McDonalds is in the same building
Cons
Literally everything else
The job is fairly easy just stocking shelves in departments, working nights can be hard but I handle it really well and still have a good work/life balance.Co-workers and managers are easy to get along with and make the job easier to handle. There is quite a bit of physical labour and that is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
constantly busy so work goes by quick and job is not very difficult
Cons
sometimes hours get cut back and i only work 24 hours a week instead of 40
the job is different everyday... learned hardware and now have the ability to mix paint and formulas.. hardest part of the job is its very demanding because its such a large store, but I take one customer at a time.. loved all my co workers and management were great..
Pros
very good with avalability
Cons
just not enough hours
I enjoyed going to work everyday working with the public meeting new people helping others the management it was busy but I enjoyed it I was in domestics doing bedding also if someone needed something in the store I would take them to it insteadf of trying to point out where it was Walmart is a good place to work also the atmosphere is great always busy I rate Walmart a high over rate
Have to go out and buy your own black/white clothes. I believe they should be provided to you. Management could be more helpful and understanding when it comes to hours and availability as well. Loved working there while I was in high school, but when I graduated it was hard to get a full-time position, let alone the full time hours. Co-workers were my favorite part, each and everyone of them treat you like family on every given day.