Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Surrey, BC

I learned lot about business Costumer service Cash handling Inventory Every day you learn more and more about new costumer problems online returns extra
Pros
Good discount, vacation, profit shares
Cons
Odd shift working till11:30 pm then opening next day at 7 am
No one appreciate your work even your supervisor believes on the other employees. If you are not a yes-man kind of person you can't survive in this company. It was my worst experience working their.
Jist like any job there are always good and bad and honestly it can be stressful however. Sometimes you have to have thick skin. Lots of personality Dont sweat the small stuff enjoy your job
Pros
fun, interactive, supportive, employee discount after 60 days, shares, yearly bonuses after you work a year
Cons
Hours can suck, sometimes you wait longer for breaks and they rotate managment every 6 months
Walmart is not an organization only but is a cultural community of individuals who have the zeal to strive for success. Starting from scratch, one can reach to the any level, depending upon his dedication towards the goal accomplishments.
Pros
Constructive Work Enviornment
Cons
Salaries are compartively low as per the counterparts
good team work, very cooperative co worker .they give medical benefit ,they increase salary according to work i always per fare to work there my main reason to change work because of my own perfasion
Pros
free vactionpay
Cons
long hour
Very difficult and competitive environment at the retail level. Provides for great experience however due to management and high turnovers it becomes difficult to advance and progress.
very good environment, Nice people, Good arrangements and fun job. moreover the staff is also very helpful. Overall its a great pleasure to work in th security company and posted at Walmart.
Would highly recommend working there, management very good staff amazing would love to go back and work for surrey location store 1205 if given the opportunity
The managers feel whatever they are doing is right. You are never consulted in matters related to your field of activity. Management always complaining of low sales but never make an effort to increase them. Most of the time managers sit back and relax at the back office than being on the floor.
All over its a very good experience, really good exposure. Many opportunities for carrier advancement. Fast paced, learning atmosphere. anybody who is willing to explore in retail, its a good place.
GOOD PLace to work,learn,fun and career .learn new things and great customer experience. learn new things and environment .pizza party .nice place for shopping
Management was good. My team was awesome. i liked my flexible schedule and long breaks . We get 2 15 minutes and 1 hour break during 8 hour shift I would definitely go back there if they start paying more in future .
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Pretty good it was really best experience to volunteer there. Its gonna help me to get easy with my job i do in f future. It made me learn so many new things and decreased my fear of talking to new people
Working at Walmart was intense and you would have to keep up with everything going on around you, whether it was the customers or my coworkers that would need help. You needed to be quick on your feet and make choices on the spot. Sometimes needing to do multiple jobs if need be. I learned how to manage my time and get work done, without sacrificing quality. I learned how to do multiple jobs including stocking, cleaning, and organizing. I also learned how to move around heavy skids safely and quickly. My managers were knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their job and about any other jobs that needed to be done at Walmart. The work place was caring and professional, also make you feel appreciated. The hardest part of my job was dealing with aggressive customers coming into Walmart every so often. The most enjoyable part was making people happy, by either finding what they were looking for or helping them carryout a purchase to their vehicle.
I enjoyed everything while working at Walmart but the only thing that I did not like is that there is not much growth. For example, I have been working here for more than a year. I was expecting promotion and some pay increment but none of these happened to me.
Ive learned how to cash handle...gave wonderful training in Customer Service.....Learned price changes.shelf labels...changes in modular.....the best part of this job was meeting hundreds of customers and helping every single one....and the rewards were all the great comment cards I received.The hardest part...is you have to listen and do what 10 different managers say...and of course there are the rude customers and shop lifters
The students can easily get this job, and they can change their availability. They train the new associates properly and always emphasize working in a safe environment.
a great place to work the location i womr st is often very busy and could use some more cashiers but overall a great welcoming place to work and great pay
1) A lot to learn. 2) Great Management 3) Open door policy. 4) 10% discount on anything in walmart store as-well-as walmart.ca(must complete 90 days of employment to be eligible for employee discount card ). 5) Annual profit share (800$-2100$(Conditions apply)).
it was great working at Walmart. my experience there was amazing. it was fun dealing with customers and staff. the staff and management were all understanding and friendly.
I would bake pastries and savory food in the morning. I learned how to manage my time and work with customers. Management was not always supportive, therefore I resorted to an employee support group. Workplace and culture was not the best. The hardest part of the job was working with my manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was decorating cakes.
Pros
decorating cakes
Cons
physically exhausting work