Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Summerside, PE

My time at Walmart was an experience that I will never forget. As my first official job it did a lot to teach me about the importance of team work and self improvement. Walmart puts a lot of emphasis on self growth and routinely made sure that our training was up to date. The hardest part of working at Walmart would probably have to be how difficult it was to keep up with our schedules and working on busy days. Sometimes if the store was too busy, breaks would be missed and I don't know if it was only me, but the only way I could know my schedule was to be on site. They did not have much online access to the store and the technology used looked a little old to me. Only the self checkout looked new. The best part however, was that I got to meet lots of new people and mostly everyone was friendly in the break rooms. Since I started in the summer many tourists from Quebec and other francophone areas would come and it felt nice to be able to help them. Sadly I had to leave for personal reasons but overall the work was mostly positive and I loved getting to interact with all the customers.
Pros
Lots of fun interactions with staff and customers
Cons
not very technologicaly advanced
We have some great management then we have some bad management who can Care less about employees. We have so many great hard working employees giving up and not caring. Anymore About there job because of the bad treatment they get from a certain manager who thinks she has the right to treat them like cramp . You complain to other managers about the problems nothing gets done you go online and complain and nothing gets done. So my review on working at Wal-Mart if you can handle bad treatment and want stress this is the job for you.
Pros
Lots of great hard working employees
Cons
Some horrible management
this job was good to earn money and it is good job for students. because students go to their college at day time so, they can amanage their time by doing this type of job.
Walmart was best place for me to work and i wonna work again for walmart. Workers were very polite and soft spoken. I was satisfied with my job and i left my job due to my moving to windsor. I will continue my work with walmart for atleast two years if i get this job.
stressful work environment, did not work around my schedule and was unpaid for overtime hours as a student, had to stay late some nights on school nights
It's a good place to work. You are always busy and the workers are nice. You will have to be able to deal with all sorts of customers such as cranky and difficult ones. There is usually lots to do and will rarely be bored.
I do believe the management team did their very best everyday but they sort of dismissed our needs and ideas as workers because we needed to treat the customers like gods. it was not done menacingly but it does drain you out when they expect the world but don't give you the time of day and care /extra training you need to be a better employee
Pros
lot's of breaks, many friendships will be formed even if you're shy
Cons
fast paced, hectic, busy environment
Seriously loved working there! My co workers were amazing, the hours were awesome, & the pay was good! Walmart gets 5 gold stars from me. Anytime I visit PEI I make it a point to visit Walmart there & say hi to all my old buddies!!
Pros
Breaks, pay, co workers, managers, random free pizza
Cons
Busy days
I have learn a lot from this job and the managerment love how organized I was doing my work and the most enjoyable part of job was helping the public and meeting new people that I was working with
i loved this job because i felt the pay was pretty good for what i was to do at my job. my boss was always around to help and not shame me for anything. still to this day shop at walmart and love the place! I wish the pay was more and maybe i'd consider it a career
Management lies and breaks rule. They expected more of you than you could give. Management was better than the associates. they would not socialize with them an the night shift was always left out when it came to Christmas parties and other functions the put on.Management had way too much favoritism. If your not in there click then you got no respect.
Pros
Cons
management, lied to
The conditions of working store standards with the management line up was less than pleasant. During the longs summer days theyd give no time to come in and get a drink or anything, consistantly worked to the bone. Most days i went home after my shifts with heat stroke because of it.
The work and people are great, it's a fast environment with a lot to do so you are always kept busy, the only complaint I have is the head manager overnights has no clue what he's doing and has unrealistic expectations about his employees, it made a lot of good employees quit sadly.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Horrible Overnight Manager
Workplaces have to make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities. My local Wal-Mart refused to make the same reasonable adjustments that other Wal-Marts were able to do for other employees within the same position. Management did not provide a valid reason and did not seem sympathetic or understanding of my disability. I loved what I did, I just could not continue working there without adjustments made.
Pros
Easy job to do, even when it's busy
Cons
Wal-Mart may be the best place I ever worked, the work was fast paced and always changing. everyday was different, the people were great though not always the best motivated people, the management team try very hard to change that, through different in store and out of store events.
It was a great fun place to work. the staff were nice and friendly. The hours were flexible and management were great. I learned about produce and growing them. Hardest part of the job was the labor and the most enjoyable part was the customers
A typical day at work, for me, starts with counting my till. I then turn on my light and begin courteously, efficiently and expediently, getting our clientele through the checkout process. I have learned to deal with all kinds of people, situations and emergencies. I have also learnt how to respond to irate/angry customers without taking their attitude personally. Management is a key team of men and women, who are an instant resource in our store. There is always someone, close at hand, to help out in any and all situations. I have a great rapport with my co-workers and a lot of us will get together outside of the store, to do fun things together, in our community. The hardest part of my job is dealing with and trying to appease, an angry customer. Every angry customer, is an opportunity for me to learn and use the proper mechanisms to deal with and assuage the customer. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me is, everything else!
Pros
Rewarding work; Great co-workers; Employee discount; Pay equity; Benefits; Flexible scheduling
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
This job is not for the faint at heart. This was a beef processing plant and very physically intensive. You need to have a completely different mind set to work there. Overall great people to work with.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Walmart was always an up beat environment. Co-workers were friendly and supportive.
didnt have much say in anything and it was always kinda dirty, plus you werent allowed to really help or talk to a customer just ring them through, however the employees were really nice.
Pros
sometimes free food
Cons
sorta unkept
Its fast pace, time goes by fast, There is always something to do.I learned where the product goes don't put product where it doesn't belong. treat your job at it was your own. Take pride in what you do.You should respect your co workers. Try to get along when ever possible. The hardest part of any job is the fast pace especially when you are tired but you plug along never give up do your best that is how i cope and always try to improve. I love people and being around people. Its nice to see that at the end of the day everything is neat and tidy and ready for the next shift.