Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Strathroy, ON

Managers aren’t understanding and constantly fight with each other like their a bunch of high schoolers. Over expecting and under teaching. Some people made the experience really good but other then that. Bad
Dairy/ frozen is tough work. Lots of lifting and the feeling of never being able to catch up for long. Very high turn over rate in this department, not enough staff. They do offer decent benefits after 3 months that you have to pay into off your paycheck for. 10%discount off everything that isn't clearance.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Stressful
Pays well, and the hours are fair. The people I work with a very kind and helpful. Working on the CE (customer experience) team is a solo job mainly and does get boring because it is slow. Other than that it is a job student job and I would recommend working there.
Working at walmart has its ups and downs but overall I'd say its a healthy work environment. The actual jobs are fair paying and have plenty of room for career advancement. There can be biases depending on the managers but there are several different chains you can go through to address your concerns. The teamwork aspect really helps keep moral high!
The management is amazing. You get along with everyone. Lots of benefits including the 10% discount on all purchases, 25% at Thanksgiving and mobile and auto discount offers. Great place to work.
I got experience to deal with Customers, got good workplace experience like, work in group, work with team and works together. it also improve my communication skills, time management skills like i got Good Managerial skills are qualities that help me govern both tasks and people.
The People Greeter job is the worst job ever don't ever do it. All you do is stand at the door and say hi to the customers and the time just drags out.
Pros
Cons
Standing and doing nothing at all.
Met some good people here. Typical day at work was unloading trucks and stocking shelves. Hardest part might have been keeping up with the demand of how much product to put out in set time limits determined by your supervisor ahead of time.
Worked at Walmart for 2 years and enjoyed the people that I had the chance to meet. New experiences and many opportunities for expansion within the company are provided.
Pros
Hour lunch and 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
No one does their own work, the managers use the employees as scapegoats when the expected work doesn't get done, and most of the employees are unmotivated and do not cooperate.
Pros
Offer overtime whenever requested
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay, unhappy enviroment
Love my job...most people I work with are fun,kind people. Supportive of family situations. Company is always fundraising and donating. The provide luncheons. We have potlucks. Overall happy place
Pros
Hours
Cons
Wage
co workers where great my supervisor was a family friend so i didnt feel alone, a really welcoming workplace over all and no negitives to really mention about my time there
Pros
very positive workplace
Cons
When I first started working at Wal-mart I really enjoyed my job and always told my peers to apply. Once we got the new manager things changed drastically. I ended up really not wanting to come into work. The atmosphere changed. Management was not right.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unappreciated
While Walmart promotes associate diversity, the truth is something different. While they are more than happy to hire people of all backgrounds, keeping employee morale up was a large issue in my experience. Many people often complained about low wages, being ignored by management, and being told to do tasks not included in their job description. However, I always found my responsibilities simple and easy to carry out.
Pros
decent colleagues
Cons
contradictory expectations
It was a really nice place to work with good workers and good customers. They really took the time to make sure their employees were okay and they really care about the well being of everyone that comes in their store. The training was fairly good and if you needed help you could always ask, no one would treat you like you're stupid.
Pros
lots of hours, flexible
Cons
time off notice 4 weeks in advance
need to be more understanding of peoples lifestyle. Part time shouldn't always have to require student hours. Assistant mangers are terrible
Pros
job is ok
Cons
hours dont work for families
As the review summary says.. The bosses were simply horrible. They make it difficult to work in a somewhat decent job, The pay was okay and there were raises every so often depending on how well you maintained your work but the bosses simply RUIN the job. No matter what position, it was ruined.
This was a great job to have while i studied in college. I enjoyed learning new things and developing to my customer service and people skills.
Pros
fun
Cons
minimum wage
Enjoyed the work environment and the people were great to work with as well.
job security, working independant and as a team. Flexable for students