Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Strathmore, AB

What more do I have to say other then I was a cashier. They tell you to be friendly but the moment you do they get mad that your talking to customers management doesn't care about there employees and you cant really move up unless you are close with someone.
HR is meddlesome and does not really go the distance. Store managers often are to preoccupied by store performance to be bothered with staff. Management is paid well and benefits are good but hours are long and no respect given. It doesn’t matter how hard you work, you will not get ahead
Pros
Management pays well
Cons
No work life balance
This job helped me a lot, teaching me good customer service skills. The most enjoyable part was the interactions. I got good hours for being part time, but however that ended up being the hardest part as I, at the time, did not have a license and was still in high school, so the commute was hard. They refused to change my hours based off school when I asked, and still scheduled me for 4pm, when I got off at 3:30pm. That ultimately led to me having to leave because I was unable to continue.
Wal-Mart is becoming a hard company to get into being that it requires all employees to be available at all times. It's not a bad job to have once your there. It's a typical retail experience, however, its not easy to work around tight availability.
Great place to work, all the staff were amazing and everyone worked well as a team. It was a great experience and I learned a lot fro others and working as a team leader.
it was very fun a fairly flexible did not like the management as they were sneaky and underhanded and pulled a lot of illegal stunts that resulted in me leaving this is not a reflection on the franchise just the one location. would work at another any day.
Pros
good break and structured schedule
Cons
bad management.
helped to stock shelves and prepare for next business day. management was ok for the most part but at times were very unrealistic as to what could and could not be done in the time we had. The hardest part of the job was the physical demands and the lost enjoyable part was when actually working in the back rather then on the floor
Pros
regular hours
Cons
lots of heavy lifting
Management is very bad. They bully you. You are been threatened not to talk against your store manager even if he or she is doing illegal or unethical work, and if you do that they fire you for no reason. Basically walmart need slaves.
The hours are terrible the managers are terrible. The associates for the most part are great to work with. Walmart will try to avoid paying vacation after approving it with pay, it is a battle to get your money. Walmart screws up paycheques regularly and never pays what you are worth. you could basically run the entire store without the title of manager and they will still pay you barely over minimum wage.
Cons
little pay, poor hours.
I work 630 am to 3 pm. I count and balance all the registers and compile reports for Management approval. I like working in the accounting office. I find management easy to get along with and they are helpful with making my job fun.
Pros
Full time week days only.
Cons
Low pay.
Walmart was a family is was always slow going but it gave you time to do the job right and make it look good doing it everyone was friendly and as helpful as ever
Loved working for this company. The people were great to work with and i loved unloading the trucks and taking the deliveries and doing the receiving's. the management were awesome people to work for.
I enjoyed working for this company. I received and unloaded trucks daily and then worked product to the floor. i learned how to use power equipment to do my job related duties. the management ere great and handled any situation that was brought to their attention.
absolutely no training given when promoted no help given when asked Strathmore is not the best place to work wouldn't recommend it plus all hours cut to very part time
Pros
some nice team members
Cons
management usless
clock in, start with whatever department I was designated, pull pallets to the floor and stock shelves. take overstock and bin it in the backroom. recieve trucks, mostly dairy and freezer, use powerjack to put them in back freezer and back coolers. management wasn't always competent in how to get the best of everyone, arguably only had two decent managers throughout my time there. coworkers generally did their job well, some not so much. hardest part was never having reliable help with binning overstock, they would always send someone who was too slow or unwilling to learn. most enjoyable was stocking shelves in the general merchandise portion of the store because it was so easy to do.
Pros
discount card
Cons
bad managers
good as a summer job or students. high expectations from management regarding the master card signups. customers tend to take frustrations out on cashiers
Cons
long hours on feet, push for master card, minimum wage
Good first start every one has to start somewhere Management wasn't very good The pay was low I learned to take charge Try and do better everyday Need better training Learned lots
I work at Walmart since 2013 until now . I rather say I like my job because until now I'm still working in this company as a stockier I learn lots like inventory working fast socializing people co worker.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
8 hours
I loved working at WalMart, they treated me with respect and kindness. My co-workers also loved working there. Typically I would come into work and immediately start up my register. I would stand there and check customers purchases through when ready. If needed I would work the floors and help with stock. Management was great. There was only one coworker that I did not connect with but they treated me like any other employee. The hardest part for me would be standing for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be communicating with the customers. My favorite part was interacting with them and helping them get through quickly and smoothly.
Pros
Free food in break room occaisionally.
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
Working for Walmart, has been a great experience. Management was great when coming to helping with issues. However its not the job for me, I want a position that gives me more of a challenge and keeps me busy.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Not challenging enough
cashier was the most enjoyable because of the people you meet and the co-workers. the hardest part of the job was getting people to sign up for a master card.
Pros
Cons
to many different shifts all over the clock from 8am - 10 pm