Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Stouffville, ON

The training system is horrible. People’s are good.i like working but durning Ramadan it was stressful, the place is so far from my home. They even Don't give permission for Transfer. If i got 500$, on my transport it cost 100-150$ every month.
Nothing to say , when you get not fair wages and work back breaking job under any conditions, I thought it was not logic to work there anymore, so I quite
Organized day to day job that is consistent and not difficult. To pick and pack online grocery delivery orders ensuring a high quality standard and accuracy while adhering to strict safety and food hygiene standards to achieve customer satisfaction Packs orders with attention to detail including distinguishing between similar named products, exact quantity, correct product codes Balances fulfillment responsibilities with customer interaction and offering service including supporting issues to resolution Flexible hours
Woking at Walmart was okay. The salary for the job should have been higher. Management was okay. The hours were good but they would over work their Employees.
My time at Walmart was a new experience, a pleasant change, after working many years in a bank. My coworkers were all very helpful and the training modules, I found were applicable to most areas of my work.
Walmart has a disturbing company culture. Employees and Management alike are nothing more than taskers. Store Managers are not given the opportunity to run their own store, all the while having Senior Executives micromanaging their every move. This company is in dire need of Process Improvement initiatives and someone to have a working understanding of Standard Operating Procedures.
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
No Order
this job was alright i had fun most of the time. Though it was back breaking because i had to push 6 carts constantly because the cart machine was broken at that moment when i was working there. the the other associate were nice including the customer and the environment there was good as well
Working at Walmart has given me great customer service, teamwork, and great problem solving skills. Walmart is not an easy job nor is it a hard job. Walmart has taught me a lot and therefore wanting me to expand my horizon with the customer service that I have learned.
Pros
free snackss at meetings
Cons
productive
If you're a student Walmart is a perfect place to work for because hours are always available and is easy to pick up shifts in other departments whenever you want to work more hours.
Management provides flexible hours, however managers are strict on shift changes, such as students should work at least 3 nights of closing and has to be the weekend.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
Managers tend to be rude
The work environment was very welcoming and fun to work in. All the employees and management work to push you up and move you forward in your career as well as provide moral support for personal issues as well.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
sometimes work is repetitive
Their restructuring is their down fall in Canada. Customer service is no longer their priority very sad. I truly enjoyed working with all of the associates.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Pay
Although very young , Wal-Mart taught me a lot about corporate big box companies. With a young staff and all new hire's Wal-Mart was a pleasant place to work. I learnt that as a company Wal-Mart is among the biggest companies in the world. I was surprised to learn Wal-Mart doesn't provide employee benefits. I enjoyed most the analytical ways in which the company is operated; down to very specific detail. I didn't find my job "hard", in fact i appreciated the opportunity to be able to earn a couple bucks at a young age.
Cons
No Benefits
Associates there are very nice, great place to meet people and become a more social person. Work during the week day are usually nonexistent and will usually just consist of stocking and cleaning. However weekend's are often hectic in the produce department yet no managers can be found. Understaffed most of the time and they don't do anything about it. No management when it comes to morning shift associates and left over work by them is often blamed and left to the afternoon associates. Don't expect to get much help.
Pros
Free snacks on payday, nice associates
Cons
horrible management, forced hours, does not care if your a student.
This store was good because it was close to home. What can you say, it was Wal-Mart no real perstige working at this place but it paid the bill so it was good.
Young department supervision and affected the product we were able to supple to the customer. Early shifts that started at 6 a.m and ended at 2, Friday-Monday. Good concept of online grocery shopping and having it ready for customer upon their arrival. Friendly customer service with good feed back. Enjoyable job other than the hours and the commute back and forth from Stouffville.
amazing environment to gain experience in customer service. excellent team to worth with. management is very understanding
this was my first job, so I learned so much here. including great customer service and communication skills, learning how to be productive, and etc.
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
Most customers were happy when leaving. I was treated fairly and was able to work freely. They were very understanding and the pay was fair enough.
It was a good workplace the managers were professional and understanding. The employees were welcoming. I had a good working experience with Walmart. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, they were amazing and nice. I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that made it easier for me to communicate with the customers on a personal level. There was a lot of multi- tasking involved at this Job and helped me to become more better at multi-tasking.
Working here was sometimes a challenge with the less amount of staff we had sometimes and the push for master cards from managers. Co-workers are very friendly and help pass time along with most of our customers. The most enjoyable part of the job to be honest is when people let you do your tasks without any complaints or trouble. But overall its a nice place to work part time.