Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Stoney Creek, ON

Very fast-paced and somewhat demanding, but with little to no gratitude. Management could not organize shifts up to par, which resulted in me filling a lot of other roles that I was not trained for. The only really "good" part of the job was some of the coworkers.
This is a great place to work. I would encourage anyone looking for a job to apply here. There are quite a few members of management if you ever need one they're not hard to find.
I met some really great people working here. The management sucked. They will try to avoid solving problems or shift the blame onto you. My department manager was passive aggressive in the communication book kept in the department. There was constant conflict between day shift employees who tended to be older in age and the closers who were mostly students. The work place was very hostile. Complaints were not taken seriously. They are crashing and burning now.
The management is like a revolving door. The customers are low-class, trashy, ignorant and abusive to staff. The company tries to operate on a skeleton crew to save money and pressures the staff to work harder to compensate for them cutting hours. Benefits are utter garbage.
1. Fast paced environment 2. Friendly staffs 3. Safe workplace 4. Good wages 5. My first retail job in canada 6. Awesome management 7. Employees discounts
I have been working here for two years and the past couples months have been the worst. Management is the worse, they never ever actually resolve people's issues and only care about themselves or their favourites. If you think about applying to any Walmart I'd suggest thinking it over. if I can give them a 0 rating I would.
Pros
1 hour lunch, and more then minimum wage pay
Cons
Staff/Management
Staff and associates are friendly and easy to talk to without the feeling of judgement. Always available to speak with management about any issues that you may have and your voice is always heard.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
At times there are hostile interactions with the public.
Decent job, not to hard. Poor management, managers do not care about employees, and do nothing to fix problems leading to a toxic work environment. Would rather hire new employees than keep current.
Pros
easy
Cons
toxic environment
Walmart is very multicultural when it came to the staff, but the scheduled that they give you is not the best for students to go by. Since you have to walk 30 minutes at 12:00pm twice during the week for they closes bus stop.
Pros
Free 15 minute break
Cons
Time mangement/ timetable/ location
Wal-Mart has been a very nice place for me to work at, I am just looking to start branching out after some college, and would like better experience suited to my field. However they have been very helpful in suiting my college hours, vacation time, and any overall questions / concerns I've had. Some people may have different experiences, but from mine, I can say it's been amazing. Most coworkers are fun to hang around with and talk to. However there are a few people who take the job way too seriously, but when does that not happen.
Pros
Friendly
Walmart Canada was a fun place to work at. very fast paced and shifts went by very quickly, Amazing people to work with as well, Long shifts with good breaks
I was look forward to working at walmart, my co wrokers are very nice, same with the management team, the management team is easy to talk to and is very understanding.
being a cashier you're on the bottom of the corporate ladder, therefore you work more days in a row than there is in a week and calling off sick was never an option.
Being someone who's had experience in the past of organizing movie and game products, this job working in the electronics department was great as it allowed me to put these skills to the use and making the department look as clean and tidy as possible. The environment and employees were also really good as we all were able to help each other out in any situation, while I was also able to learn some new skills, like cashier, along with improving my interaction with customers. The store provides a great amount of resources so that we will be able to do the best job possible.
Pros
Vast organization options, multiple different jobs to accomplish, friendly and helpful employees
Cons
Sparatic hours, sometimes short on other employees
I learned a great amount about life in a big organization and many valuable skills. Management was competent enough and were mostly sympathetic to the employees needs.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Favoritism is strong here...the hours are sometimes stressful especially for students. They sometimes will work with your flexibility but often don't. Good job for someone in a pinch.
- Deal with lots of interesting people - Patience is Key when dealing with some people - Hours per week flux based on season - Odd product management - Weird Security measures
Pros
safe and clean work place
Cons
doing more than 1 persons work occasionally
Walmart was a great place to work if the managers did their jobs properly. It is a wonderful work environment and the other staff are amazing.
They are horrible to their employees. Was suppose to be on mod duties and they neglected what wsib had told them...i 100% hated working there. Some of the empolyees weren't bad though, some never showed up for work and got promoted to manager because they were attractive.
As part of a team, we renovated the store by condensing certain departments and setting up fixtures for their grocery section.
Back then, I started when it woolco, then Walmart took over in 1994. it was a great place to work. Everyone had their jobs, positions and daily tasks to do. The company cared for the employees.