Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Stettler, AB

Rate of pay should be much better than minimum wage for the work required. Need more full time positions available or better part time benefits. Possible job cross training
Rate of pay should be much better than minimum wage. The people working there are good people however better spoken English should be a little higer at the hiring stage. It not only frustrates co workers but essentially our customers.
They always treated me with respect, and like a person. Everyone shared worked responsibilities and made it easy to want to come to work. I was never afriad to ask for help.
I go in, gab a little to co workers and start my daily routine. Usually there is something new to learn each day. The hardest part is always getting along with co workers
Walmart was my fist real retail job and it honestly wasn't that bad. I was customer experience for about 7 months and honestly enjoyed it. My co-workers were nice and my manager was very nice and understanding. The hours are hit or miss, but if you just need a good side-job/part time type of thing, it's pretty good.
Pros
Great store manager, good people to work with
Cons
Shifts can drag if you're in electronics, hours are very inconsistent
horrible managers horrible co workers bad hours rude customers that treat you like garbage and managers let them fire you when only one complaint ever
Pros
Cons
everything
Management dont care about you and they believe customers over employees. Told no full time yet there is . Was told I would be promoted and that didn't happen. The worst managed business ever.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
When I first started at Wal-Mart I loved it. Then some health issues arose and everything changed. They say they care about their employees, but as soon as something happens that can't benefit them they start to push you out. As well as other employees who would bully and make you feel so little and defeated. Management is so rude and they put way too much pressure on everyone. You get written up if you don't get any MasterCard apps during a day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Some people in management will abuse you for the sake that it makes them feel better that they've been working at Walmart for 15 years and if there isn't anyone willing to stop it in a higher position than you'll be stuck like that until you quit. Some places are much better than others but when it's bad, it's really bad. This is a job that you begrudgingly start with so you can eventually move on with your life.
Pros
A terrible discount
Cons
Many
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
A typical day for work consisted of having my manager oversee every little task I did. She would quite often request that I redo tasks, not because they were done properly but because she'd changed her mind on how a display should look
Working with the associates gave me great pleasure but some of the management team made the job harder. There needs to be a more positive focus from management when dealing with the associates in the store I was located in. Walmart as a company has great benifits and does a lot for the communities they are located in.
Pros
Associates
Cons
Negativity
I'd work there again it was fun to work their the people were great I loved the staff and the way the store was put together and the emloyee discount was great
been there for two years have had a great time working there employees are friendly and nice sometimes i am excited to go to work to see my customers.
They kept changing my schedule on me as in saying I had a day off on m schedule and then calling me telling me I have work that day but I had already made plans for my days off. All in all I would no recommend working at Walmart to anybody.
Busy and fast paced environment with one on one customer relations.i have improved on my multi task skills and problem solving . I have gained knowledge and experience in a management position . I enjoy the customers that come in from young to old . Development and growth are very important to me as well as furthering my knowledge and gaining more confidence and understanding .
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
Part time
work at Walmart was frustrating as the management was not communicative with each other and very poorly with workers , some of my co-workers were good hard working people while others were more interested in finding ways to avoid jobs they disliked or to push work off on others , the hardest part of the job was dealing with manager's and assistant manager's who could not decide on how they wanted things done as well as the stress caused due to low pay and few hours , the best part of the job was dealing with customers
Pros
customers
Cons
low pay few hours
The work was fun, although hard given the 8 hours on concrete, but it was a good learning experience on time management. My co-workers were some of the most amazing people on this planet.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
They say that the company cares about the employee, and will do what they can for them, this can't be more un-true. Since starting at store 1034 i was promised full-time ect only to be told 5 months later that i'm part-time and am not aloud to work 5 days a week, so that being said i've only been scheduled 3 days a week which makes it so i can't pay rent or my important bills. So if you plan on working at Walmart be sure you go through everything more than once to be sure you're not screwed over like i was along with more than a few other associates that i work with.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
everything else
I leaned that Walmart in stettler is not a good place to work, the managers don't care and the walmart MasterCards I didn't like having to ask every customer or we would get yelled at like if they wanted it they would ask since there's signs every where with it. Not being given day off when requested month or more in advance working. Late. I would never work at walmart again. Especially not for minimum wage.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and allways working late. didn't get days off when asked month in advanced, no fun
The work that I do at Wal-Mart is very easy. I have to scan all the fashion that comes into the store and ensure it is the correct price, that the amount which is on our bill of lading is correct to what I am receiving. I change labels if needed, change shelf counts, pricing and bin any overstock. I also, work in the cash office; which I enter all till floats into our computer system (smart) and ensure everything balances, I ensure the main float for the cashiers is always full and I do till pulls (take extra money from tills). I do deposits and paper work for managers.My co-workers at Wal-Mart are great people and I truely enjoy working with them, they treat you like family.
they dont pay the greatest for the way the economy is. it is a pretty good place to work at but not enough hours and not enough pay.
Pros
10% discount card
Cons
open til 9 pm