Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Steinbach, MB

My day start at 10 pm with a hectic and unsafe backroom receiving area , other managers work with a no care attitude , the only thing on their mind is when the 8 hours will be finish , while some of us worked 8 to 12 hours sometimes without any recognition from upper manages .
It is a good place to work at for first time employees and it is a very friendly place too. I would highly recommend this place to any one. I also like the set breaks and how people get along well together.
I really loved it at Walmart. They have everything in place to make it a safe and comfortable work environment for everyone. They do what they can to get the job done and everyone works as a team.
Walmart started out great. I worked here for two years, and I enjoyed my job. I love the people that I work with, and I do enjoy my work, and the bonus in March is always super nice to have. But this Walmart? Here in Steinbach? It's just gone downhill. Managers have started treating the employees absolutely horribly if you aren't high up in the chain yourself. Sales floor associates are entirely expendable. They've short staffed us to the point of struggling to finish our work, and then reprimanding us when it's not done. People will put in over time that they shouldn't have to, all in order to finish work that we should already have the time and the associates to finish in the first place. You're punished for not being fast enough, punished for being pulled in all directions and not getting your work completed. If you really value your sanity and your mental health, don't go for it. If you really need to, then keep your head down, never call in for any of your shifts, and know that you'll have to push yourself past some of your limits in order to finish work on time. If you take any sort of leave - bereavement, stress, workers comp, there's a high chance hours will be cut. I've been seeing it left and right recently. They aren't easily flexible when you change your hours for schooling, and they tend to give you grief for it when you ask to change some of your shifts. It really, truly, is incredibly hard to deal with. Watch yourself if you really need this job, and look out for yourself first and foremost.
Pros
cash bonus
Cons
not flexible with hours, poor management, occasional retaliation for leave of absence
one of the nice places to work. enough breaks which is good. all the staff is really nice and friendly. they always welcome you with a smiling face and always ready to help
Pros
free coffee and donuts
Cons
no such cons
Coworkers were always amazing to be with, made work fun! The overall environment at Walmart is good. The managers always had a positive attitude and were understanding of a student's schedule.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
repetetive work
Typical work day would be start off by turning all the TV'S on in the morning and making sure that the cash registers work. If there was anything that needed to be overstocked, we would either put it in the back and bin it in the right located bins, or we would label them for inventory if that was not already done so. Simply help customers with questions, unlock doors for video games, headphones, cases, etc. Treat each customer with respect, as the customer is always first!
Pros
10% Discount at Walmart
Cons
Long hours, not very flexible
This was my very first job, I remained there throughout my three years as a high school student. The store manager is exceptional in every way possible. Very kind, very encouraging, and very active in his store - always went out of his way to check in with you and have a genuine conversation. Retail was an excellent way to learn how to deal with customers professionally, as well as learn to be punctual, reliable, and a good team player.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
working overnight graveyard shift was tough to balance home life and work but the company was great to work for the staff was fun and enjoyable and the management team were fantastic to work for.
a typical job didnt mind it for a highschool job management was poor hours were good salary was basic
benefits
Cons
management