Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

You get to learn a lot while working at a place like Walmart. It can get really stressful sometimes. Make sure you see eye to eye on issues with management otherwise it can be a little difficult to achieve organizational goals.
Fast paced. Work was good. People were good. Flexibe hours. Worked overnight which was suitable for me at the time. Overall I would recommend as a starter job.
From the manager to the most junior staff people are very nice and are willing to help where they can. it is a fast paced environment and things can get pretty busy at times, however if you pace yourself and have a good judgement of time you can certainly manage your tasks as well as have fun doing so. the customers are very understanding and for the most part know that you are there to help and go the extra mile to the best of your ability. management are always there to help and check in regularly to ensure you are doing ok and that you have to questions on the task at hand. Overall it is a great place to work with a very good system in place to get the job done efficiently and safe.
Employees who were there over 15,25,35 years were upset with the changes at the new super store. Angry bunch but I made friends, I had no issues. Recommended to young adults to have a part time job for sure
I really enjoyed working the OMNI, however you get paid minimum wage, compared to other employees who get paid an automatic 14 dollars an hour for working out back. Overall, OMNI are also working out back, responsible for many online grocery orders (one of few trained to do it in the store), plus we have to be in-store for 6 AM and also have to go outside to dispense the orders.
working with other associate and serving the customers are fun, but maintaining the speed can be stressful for some. I developed my communication management skills learnt how to serve a customer better.
They have the dumbest dress code I’ve ever seen. Managers expect you to be next to perfect. Late breaks all the time. Being put in random situations that you shouldn’t even be near cause I’m a cashier. Constant bs from customers
It’s a great place to work with great people as long as you get work done. The hardest part is trying to do everyone’s work besides your own. And dealing with certain management that were watching their workers like they were dirt.
I got lots of hours over the Christmas season and enjoyed the other employees I worked around. Only complaint was back end management was way overworked and definitely needed more assistance during the busy season.
As an fullfillment associate at Walmart I found it quite fun but also stressful at the same times because of course the truck didnt show up at the perfect times everyday but you learn to handle those situations and get your freight out on the floor asap.
Not much to say it was just a temporary job. Nothing really great about it. Not a career worthy job. Only a good job for younger people in high school.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Bad pay
A typical day for me to make sure the cashiers have enough cash on hand for the day. I try to make it a happy place to to work for the cashiers and for the the customer.Have fun plus get your work done.
It wasn't the best place to work. All you had to do was make sure all sections assigned to you were cleaned and in order. The management at the time was alright.
Great management, awesome co-workers. I would stock shelves with product and if I was unsure of where stock was placed my co-workers or management would always be there to help. Great pay rises.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
hard working over nights.
A beautiful place to work at. People are polite and simple, everyone is respected equally. People are kind and professional. I have had amazing experiences here.
although i did enjoy the culture and environment and working at wal-mart it was a low paying company/position . if the pay were better i could have stuck with them long term . there was much opportunity to advance and had the pay been better i would have been able to stay with them long enough to move into larger roles and better paying positions. i think they could benefit a lot by offering more to their employees as incentive to stay long term .
Not good salary as per job requirements. Management expects more than enough from you. Not a good wage at all. Always encountered hard days but managed those days with my mind and knowledge.
It's a nice place to work. Walmart offers their employees with many benefits as well as a good environment to work. Though, i believe, Walmart should stop following an autocrat leadership process and be more friendly.
Store management often have no clue about their own protocols or the company's rules and legislation. No room for advancement and work was usually extremely stressful.
Work conditions were fair. Co-workers and management were not supportive and hard to compromise with. Duties were often made unclear and help was not readily available.
Walmart gives very flexible schedule. Managers are helpful in managing break for examinations and giving appropriate hours. Best part is that you have lot of coworkers, so very less stress on yourself.