Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in St. Albert, AB

Worked around my schedule. Pay was too low for what was required. If they want skilled workers and mature people, pay needs to be comparable to other warehouse and stocking companies.
Working at walmart, was a very good job experience. I got to interact with customers and help them find the items they needed, as well as helped them load heavy items. The people I worked with were very nice, and were always there to help me out when I got flustered and needed help. We all got along well, so it was easy to talk to everyone I worked with.
I love working for Walmart. My store is like my family they have taken care of me and have given me all the tools to advance in my career. The upper management is always trying to improve and build up the associates. There is a yearly survey to get associates opinions of the store they work in and there is a big culture of associates
it was fine working there, they accommodated family responsibilities, were able to change the shifts i needed changed and the people i worked with were friendly
Walmart is as bad as the world sees it. only paying employees minimum wage and expecting world class workers. There is clear favoritism with the management and if you aren't a favorite in in for a rough life. No real chance of promoting within no matter how much they say its possible.
Walmart is a really good place to work at. Management is professional and nice, associates treat each other with respect. Diverse staff. Good training and continual updated reviews.
Pros
Long breaks, friendly staff
Cons
Period inbetween breaks really unbalanced
It was funny working with Wal - Mart , they have good training system for its employees. I have learned different ways of Management while working with Walmart.
I've work at Walmart for 4 years almost. I love it there been one of the best jobs I've had, but it's time to move on to something, bigger and better.
Pros
1 hour lunches and 2, 15minute breaks
The only thing management cares about is the business. It is not run with employees in mind at all. It is a high turnover environment with a reputation that is well earned by how they treat the staff.
Pros
High diversity of people. They do not descriminate based on overqualified or underqualified.
Cons
Must have "open" availability.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Walmart wasn't a bad job for me, as the only downside of the job was the management. Very lazy. The environment can get very stressful especially as a cashier but it will end up being a learning experience.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
managment lazy
overall good experience , lots of hours to fill, busy workplace but good environment and nice people to work with, lots of hours, but hard to get shifts off
An average day would be me unloading boxes then pushing carts. I learned how to lift heavy boxes safely and push carts. Management was distant barely seen. workplace culture was respectable. The hardest part was pushing the carts in the winter. I enjoyed the friendly employees.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
hours
management treats you like second class citezens men and women get paid the same yet men have to do more work. the way i was treated by my main manager led to depression
Typical days - bussy between customer service and bakery production tasks Workplace culture - multicultural friendly atmosphere The hardest part of the job - lifting
While Wal-Mart as a whole wasn't always an enjoyable job I did learn a lot in my time there. I learned the proper way customer service is supposed to be carried out with patience and experience to better help and understand the customers needs. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an aggravated customer and approaching them the right way. The most enjoyable part about my job are with out a doubt my co-workers. They make coming into work fun for me.
It's good if your in need of a job asap or just starting your first job. I can't say much about them really caring about their employees when they're sick or injured..
Amazing company to work for! With endless opportunities, and continuous changes to the organization, you are privy to upcoming business trends and various initiatives that continue to grow the organization.
Usually understaffed so you would work alone most days. Had to do multiple shifts on cash while having other work to do.The managers never scheduled enough people but the same amount of work was expected.
had a lot of fun working for walmart went to different stores to help them catch up or do renos help their people to do their job better daily stock, helping customers helping cashiers when busy great benefits stocks purchase in company.
Pros
had xmas dinners served by management
Cons
hard to get days off when wanted or needed
i always booked my time off and was never given to me. workers were bossy but work wasn't to bad. no one wanted to stick around because no one liked each other not a friendly environment
I only worked at Walmart for about seven months, but the time I spent there was not bad. I enjoyed helping customers and had a great time working with other associates. The only problem I had, however, was the terrible scheduling system. I am a student, and therefore require a flexible schedule. This is not something Walmart could provide; I would submit a time change two months in advance and still receive shifts that were not part of my availability four months later. I do not know if it is the computer or the management, but either way, something needs to change.
Pros
Associates are very nice
Cons
Schedule/ time changes take way too long