Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Smiths Falls, ON

I like working there but I would like more hours I've been there for 10 and 1/2 years I think they should consider that they are fairly good at with us I do like the people I work with in the most part
Walmart was my first ever job and ti was a great place to begin in the customer service workforce, the work was simple and the staff was great. It all depends on your neighborhood and location but it was a good job.
While working at Walmart I learned that they are normal short stagged. The staff were very friendly & easy going & the customers always treated me with respect. Great place for a teenager just starting out to work.
working at walmart is stressful you never know how many hours you will get from week to week.Managers have a do what you can attitude. staffinbg is horrible especially if you work closing shift as some depatrments have 2peole to cover the whole store
Walmart is an enjoyable environment, it has friendly staff and great managment, it is fast-paced and quick. Walmart is a good place to work and is very flexible.
I worked in the tire lube department and the manager at the time was awesome he was helpful knowledgeable and very easy to deal with. The coworkers were knowledgeable and friendly.
Wal-Mart is a great place to work. All my fellow associates are friendly and helpful. The management tries their hardest to work with you and your schedule. They also listen to your concerns and care about what you need to do. They try to accommodate to you and you're schedule. I recommend Wal-Mart as great place to work for.
It’s a good place to work, but if you leave and try to get a job there again, they won’t give you the time or day. Their hiring system is silly. You can’t speak to a real person to see about getting a job.
Wal-Mart was a good first job, and I would work there again. During my time there I made a few casual friends, honed my work ethic, and made enough money to take the load off my parent's for a little.
I was very very sick with a bad ear infection, I had came into work to push through my shift on cash because I didn't want to leave my managers short handed. After telling the manager I was dizzy and needed to go to the doctor because my ear had begun to bleed. I was told I couldn't leave and to get back to my job. After leaving I was written up even after bringing back my doctors note.
Pros
really good pay checks
Cons
terrible management and owners
The environment awful. They expect too much with almost zero traininh. The company is terrible if you're between 20 and 35 and have no schooling or kids at home as they don't have good schedualing deparment. If you're in high school or newly retired it's the place for you. They don't train you properly, you're expected to just do the job with out knowing what you're suppose to be doing. It's very stressful. If you have anxiety do not work here. No benifits at all. Special treatment the longer you've worked there and it's super cliquey. You do get free food,on special occasions though.
Pros
Free food occasionally, good hours
Cons
environment, no benifits, full of cliques, preferential to old employees, stressful, not for anxiety ridden people, no training
Good crew to work with in the Tire and Lube section. Unfortunate that most positions are part time with no room for true advancement or incentive to move up.
i really enjoyed working at Walmart, the staff and managers are very understanding. They worked with my school schedule. Sometimes they would provide a free lunch, coffee and donuts for the staff. They also have fun days, ex: jersey day, blue jean day etc.
Pros
spirit days, free lunches
enjoyed workin with some of the people.....bein in a small town ,I had regular ppl that preferred comin through my cash then others '......im bery sociable with ppl of alll ages..........they wanted me to apply for other positions but I was happier workin on cash........received a few awards for items per hour ,,,,,I helped stock shelves n fold clothes.....
For the two years I worked at Walmart I learnt how to be positive even if everything around you is horrible. I also discovered that they boast that everything they do is not run by favoritism, well that's a lie.
Pros
Good fellow associates
Cons
Managers runned by favoritism
I worked many roles as an employee for Walmart ranging from cashier to pharmacist assistant to department manager. My fellow employees were very nice but not overly willing to go above and beyond the role they were in so I took it upon myself to do so. When assistance was required in any position I was the first to volunteer. As such I was taught almost every position in the store and moved my way up to department manager of infants and then ladies fashion. Although I struggled to learn everything on my own as my management team was very lacking it made me more resourceful and confident in my position. I enjoyed every position I worked in and everyone I worked with.
Pros
Great benefits, great schedule
Cons
Lack of training from management team
The position I had at Wal-Mart was a cashier. Though i was still in school when I had this job the managers/ supervisors were very understanding with my hours for school and work combined. Was a very fast paced job, required a lot of customer service (service with a smile) and multi tasking all around Great place to start out in the work force.
It has its small town clicks but all in all its a decent part time job in town...... The Incentive programs a fun team building days are a cool aspect
I was hired on as a store standards so my day would start in the morning and I would start by cleaning the bathrooms sweeping the store cleaning up spills, helping customers with heavy lifting and I would set up displays and greet everybody with a smile and never say no to anyone who would ask for my help or were they could find something they needed or looking for. and I would go outside and get carts to bring in the store because in this busnes customers need carts to shop.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
was a wall mart job, it was as expected, but not very bad. boss was good and understanding of personal matters. other workers were also not overly bad. minimum wage job was as stated, as expected.
awesome job love the people and cant get enough of this place learning new things and always up for a challenge always keeps my mind reeling