Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Slave Lake, AB

it was a fast pace place to work at, i liked going the extra distance for customers, i liked the fact that walmart managers understood that there were days i couldnt make it to work because of family matters
Walmart is a great company to work for, Walmart’s culture and values make coming to work feel like going to visit your family, everyone is happy to see you and greets you with a warm smile and a hello
If you don't like standing around waiting for work, like a cashier or fast food. I suggest Walmart to everyone. Just remember there's always stuff to do!!
Worked at 2 locations. The first and the second were so different. Was almost as though I worked for 2 different company's. The first in Slave Lake was great. Than the 2nd in Nanaimo was horrible. Night to day difference.
Walmart is a good company.There are good benefits from the company like profit sharings,insurance,discounts and so on.And most of all rules and regulations are applied to all.
In Brooks, Alberta I was one of the employees that was there from the beginning of the store build and one of the originals. I was a sales associate, to a cashier. Than I moved to Slave Lake, Alberta and started as a cashier than went to Department Manager. Than I put in a transfer to Medicine Hat, Alberta and went down to being a Part-Time sales associate because there was no positions available at that time.
Pros
theme days such as pajama day, fun managment
Cons
differences between employees but we got over it and moved on
The culture in this company was mind-blowing. Every morning, all of the workers get together and chant positive affirmations for the day. I was there for months and loved every minute of it. I would love to return but I moved to Kelowna. Hopefully, the one here will be just as great culturally.
Pros
great benefits, deals, pay rate and scheduling
Cons
seems like a long day
It was busy helping all the customers. My people skills went up a lot. The management was great. All were friendly.They was a ton of work place culture.
Pros
More hours
Cons
Short on workers
Wal-Mart is like a giant family. I really enjoy working with everyone. Scheduling is a little crazy but other than that I don’t have a lot of issues with anything there.
I enjoyed working at Walmart. Most of my fellow employees were pretty great to work with. It was busy most of the time, which helped the time go by quickly.
I really learned a lot and enjoyed my time there. I worked as a cashier during busy hours and it worked well around my young daughter. They wanted to keep me around for much longer but I had to move to Kelowna with my partner. I really loved the job culture because every morning they would shout out encouragements and things like that. Would love to return and work there again.
caring heavy stuff and stocking them at on shelfs and have to try your best to get over 50 stocked within an hour. the management is awesome kind and funny people and its a dedicated work place where there is a lot committed to working there.
Pros
do good get free bbq and pizza parties
Cons
not the greatest pay for amount of work you put in.
This job was decent, Was very repetitive, but very easy job to catch onto. Your learn new skills every day and learn about different types of people.
The job I had at Walmart was the worst one I have ever had in my life. Management are backstabbers and Walmart HR are just as bad.The staff for the most part were great, easy to work with, but only 1 manager I worked with was decent. The rest either didn't care, or treated you like cr*p rather pick bottles then work there ever again.
I loved this job until we hired some very unethical new management despite really enjoying my job i could no longer continue to work for them as a felt my manger was punishing me for changing my avialibilty and having to take time off due to and ill family member
Pros
great pay
Cons
Questionable Management
I worked as a cashier and it was fun, i enjoyed meeting new people and I really enjoyed working with the co-workers and employers. I would scan items and bag them. I would stock shelves when not busy at the till. I would price items and do other tasks asked by the employer.
Pros
I enjoyed the job.
Cons
wasnt able to attend a funeral :(
Everyday is busy and productive. I learned many skills in the retail business such as marketing, safety guidelines, Walmart polices and protocols. My co-workers were very social and friendly. I enjoy the team work and social events within the store.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
politics
Great work culture, nice benefits. Good management but stressful sometimes as a result of high volume of business. Flexibility and overall nice place to work.
Every day start of shift I had to grab a radio, scanner, printer, and keys for my area. Then I would have to keep inventory count on the jewelry in my area, then I would start a planogram. With that I learned how to read planograms and I also learned till work, scanners and printers. Management was really poor do to the fact that it was someone in management was harassing me and other co-workers. I didn't have the chance to meet much of me co-workers but the ones I meet were great. hardest part working there was actually talking to management about the problems I was having but the most enjoyable part was giving customer serves.
Pros
Made friends
Cons
poor pay
As a part-timer, evening and weekends are generally busy with lots of things to do and lots of options and ways to go about them. Working here is very team-oriented. There's always somebody in the store to go to for questions. I've learned how to better work with people in different context versus my previous jobs, I've also learned how to better prioritize. Often you have to compromise priorities with time-management in order to get everything done. The management team is excellent. Each of them knows their end of things very well and know what needs to be done. The management schedule is usually organized in a way that, I find, compliments each of them and allows for better productivity, despite our lack of staff. Co-workers are usually enjoyable to be around and most of them know to leave their outside issues out of work and to be professional even when something happens at work they aren't happy with. The hardest part of my job is getting everything done in the amount of time I'm given. There is currently many department managers missing from our team. I have lots of extra duties and capabilities outside of my actual job description. This makes it hard to get my job done, but when people have a vast knowledge of how to do things- in ANY job- your employer and management will like you more. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I know my job well and I'm recognized for what I do. I'm treated with respect. Many of the people I talk to regularly here are easygoing and friendly for the most part.
Pros
pot lucks, bbqs, christmas party, always something to do, special events - ex, jeans friday, hat day, or costumes for halloween
Cons
short staffed, hard to get things done when it's busy, lack of proper training
I enjoyed working at Walmart. days were hard but you have to get them done. the other workers were very kind and helpful towards each other I enjoyed the company of the other workers and the time table I was put on was perfect for my balance lifestyle
Pros
helpful coworkers
Cons
hard on the back