Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Simcoe, ON

Time and time again at Walmart, I got screwed over. From the day I started there, I had problems with scheduling. I don’t know how many times you have to tell a company you’re a student, before they stop scheduling you during school hours. You could hand in a time-off request a month earlier than you need to and still not get the time off, because your department manager didn’t look at it until it was too late. Everyone pushes the Walmart Rewards MasterCard sales on you, which gets annoying for customers who have heard about it a million times.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Scheduling problems, out-of-the-loop managers.
Welcoming staff with a pretty fun environment and manageable workload. Bringing stock to the floor was fairly easy to learn and perform, but unloading trucks, especially in summer could be more difficult for some as they were very hot.
The people are very judgemental and the abuse that I received from customers affected me for days and it got to the point where I would be anxious to go to work.
I just was the person for the job and i was going through a lot at home and with my releationship that the job just went down the deep end but if i had a chance to go back i would forsure
this was a nice laid back enviroment unfirtunately at the time i was going through some difficulties at home with my child and she had to come first i had to leave my job for awhile to get my child situated and healthy again
Management sucks, no opportunity to move up even though I was consistently the fastest cashier for years. Because I excelled at my job, they forced me to stay as a cashier even after applying to other positions and asking to be moved multiple times. Only got to move up after switching stores. This job taught me a lot of patience because customers are impatient, hard to deal with, and angry 99% of the time. They push you hard to sell the Walmart Mastercard with little incentive and also expect you to scan a certain amount of items per hour to the point of becoming injured (i.e. carpal tunnel) which many of my fellow cashiers started to develop after the new push to increase speeds.A good starting point for a teenager's first job, but would not recommend working here for over a year unless you wanna deal with favoritism by the managers and lots of politics.
Very good place and friendly associates. It was always nice working there, never many complaints. Everyone was willing to help the store was built on team work.
Pros
Associate BBQ
Cons
Back to back calls from Customers with cable, cell phone, internet issues. I gained experience about Cable, cell phones, technical support. I felt that management was not always there for you when you needed it. The hardest part of the job was taking a call from a customer who would swear and call you bad names and you were not able to drop the call you had to sit there and listen to them and try to calm them down or wait for the customer to disconnect the call. The Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help a customer and hear that they were happy with the end result.
Pros
Being able to help customers with there issues.
Cons
Not being able to disconnect the call with warning if the customer is harassing you.
I worked at Walmart for 7 years I only stopped working there because we had a new baby and had to find something with a little more pay I would still be there other wise
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Retail
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Walmart does not care about its people. They do not have a good corporate culture or work life balance. You never get your schedule on time. Management doesn't care about its people
Pros
Cons
No worklife balance, micromanaged by coworkers
Management didn't care one bit for their employees and gave us outrageous safety expectations. They didn't try to help you get better at your job, they just got mad at you if you messed up.
Had a terrible employment experience with this company. Very immature management No Professionalism A lot macro managing like too many bosses like there's a Duty Manager who can be a Assistant Store Manager at the same time. Very confusing system of how they manage Part time workers. Also you work like horses on the go. They dont respect your origin, religion and other Part time work when they were informed during the job application process.
Pros
walmart 10% discount perks t to both part time and full time
Cons
long hours a lot of human rights violation or discrimination
my store location had lots of potential to serve a larger amount of the general population. Prices were competitve and my produce section was always kept clean.
Pros
advancement apportunity
Cons
weak management
Simcoe Walmart has a great management team, with energitic associates. Looking to move around and help out in other departments? Management can show you how. Looking for help with something you need done in your department? Anyone will help you, as long as you help them too. You get what you give, no matter how people think of you. They pay you based on your experience, which was great. Overall, i love working here, and i love who i work with.
Pros
Fun staff, cooperative management
Most of the management there are alright to work with, although not without it's difficult people to work with. All together, however, a good place to work for.
I've learned quite a bit of customer service skills while in this job. I enjoyed some of my coworkers and for the most part they were pretty fun people to be around. The hardest part of my job was trying to manage the photo lab while other departments needed help. The most enjoyable part of my job was the smile on people's faces when you helped them print off a picture that meant a lot to them.
Cons
Short hours.
Its a high stress job. The management is very democratic and only wants results. They don't seem to care about their employees. Employees that have complaints agents them clime the corporate ladder quickly and with ease.
Pros
Some of the employees are nice
Cons
The managment is terable!
I loved the department I was in, but they couldn't schedule enough associates to cover for breaks and could not manage to have support throughout the shift. The management pulls people from each department when they know there is more than one associate leaving the other to be overwhelmed. Management is not usually on the floor and is difficult to get a hold of when they are needed. Loved working there but definitely not worth the headaches for such a low pay. Hours never stayed the same one week you have 30 hours next week your working 12. Fun people to work with but management had their cliques. Never seen such an abusive workplace towards associates being promoted.
Pros
Good people to work with in some departments
Cons
Poor management, lots of cliques
a typical day at work would usually include 6hrs of cashier work, counting money and distributing it and 30-1 hr break. I learned to work well with other people and time management skills. Everyone that i worked with were fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job was staying focused and the most enjoyable part was learning how to do new things.
Pros
friendly people and fun planned events
Cons
would be lots of work to do with only one person in on that shift then l would also help on front cash and that ment nothing would be getting done in my department.l learned about stress & frustration & disapointment & biggest of all how the management didn't care about me at all.Some co-workers where good to work with some where just backstabbing . hardest part was all of the STRESS & FRUSTRATION the best part of my job was going home . I lost my house due to WalMart I told them & ask them for more hours because on the hours I was going to loose my home but they never came up with any more hours for so I lost my home because I could not make ends meet on 12hrs a week .
Pros
was the pension & the stocks & the pay wasn't to bad.
Cons
NO HELP for customers or associates
Often difficult to find a manager, no upward advancement potential. Co-workers all very nice. The hardest part of the job was that it never changed from day to day.
Pros
Closer to home
Cons
Different