Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Sherwood Park, AB

I was constantly being put it situation I had not been trained to handle. It was extremely stressful, and management had unrealistic expectations regarding the amount of work that could be completed during a shift.
I worked at Walmart as a cashier for about a year. As a part of being a cashier we had to convince people to sign up for the Walmart Rewards MasterCard. Management was fair and conducted themselves in a proper manner.
I like to interact with the customers and greeting them into the store. I made sure the parking lots stayed clean and took the carts to the designated area.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
standing for long time
A typical day was coming in to work and being greeted by co workers and having a team meeting about our daily plans. So as the shift progressed id gather the carts or carry items out for the customers. Attending to the best customer service i could achieve.
Overnights, putting things on shelves, or dealing with orders. how to operate a couple machines that i haven't before. Management was alright, not the best, but alright. Fun, stressful, exhausting, and sometimes boring. Having to deal with orders, or the delivery folks. hanging with a guy that I became friends with, and getting to operate a stand up forklift.
Pros
getting to do overnights and not have to deal with customers
Cons
having to deal with people, and delivery folks
It is a very fast paced work environment. If you don't like to be multi tasking or taking on more responsibilities then this is not the job for you. You will constantly be busy and probably be doing more then what is in your job description.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a clean cooler after you have stocked the shelves completely. The hardest part of the job is working on your own because it becomes overwhelming and the brain cannot think what to do next.
Pros
Work is not repititive.
Cons
Working alone.
Enjoyed working with the people in my department, was opportunities for advancement, but the management style lacked. Enjoyed making the department work to meet the customers needs on a daily basis.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
difficult hours of work
Easy and fun workplace. Had to deal with different kinds of people all the time and know what they are paying for the phone services and how can I make it any better. Learned a lot of about selling skills. Learned about how to start a conversation and how to break the ice and most importantly, how to close a deal with positive outcome.
Pros
Flexible hours
I enjoyed my time working at Walmart back when I was a minor, it was fun and trans formative experience, it taught me how it feels to work at a job consistently, and how the real world works outside of high school.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers, fun times.
Cons
Feeling overworked, working on christmas eve was kind of sad for me
Overall I learned a lot while I worked at Walmart. I enjoyed helping customers but found that the company was too money driven. You would be forced to work shifts like Christmas Day etc.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Evenings weekends and holidays
I am working in walmart from 2 years. and i am not having any problem like no pressure. my days in walmart are really enjoyful. i learnt alot there in sales representative.
Basic Job Description: Receive and disburse money in establishments other than financial institutions. Usually involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. Often involved in processing credit or debit card transactions and validating checks
Walmart is a good place to start your career. The best thing about Walmart is Job Security. Even at peak recession, we didn't feel any issue in regards to layoff. While pay is basic and not much to write about, the benefits are good. It used to be easier to climb vertically career wise but lately, it has been tougher because of internal re-organization. Like in any organization, there are lazy ones and hard working ones... lazy keeps on being lazy and hard working ones keep on getting more work. If you have a good supervisor, you will be able to climb up the ladder and if not, you get to work years in the same level with no promotions.
Pros
10% discount on most purchases
Cons
Very stingy on giving holiday gifts.
-A typical day at walmart was very busy for me .I was working as a cashier and it was not at all easy job.Had to stand all day long ,scanning items . I would say management was coperrative.
I only worked there for a couple of months. The management at the particular store I worked in would degrade every worker, and the only other walmart in my town was owned by my owners own dad. I'm sure it would be a good place to work elsewhere, but sherwood parks walmarts don't have good reputation.
i enjoyed the people i worked with and they were flexible with hours perfect for a student or hardworking mom, some locations have worse management than others but overall they were not bad
A typical day at work consist of off-loading goods from trucks and palletizing them according to each department in the store.(3-4 trucks on average). One big offload 3- 4 times per week which is what I was schedule for, depending on the season. Picking stocking/picking merchandise in the back room. To me it was easy work, being in sharp and all but definitely wasn't worth what I was being paid. Most days we were under staffed which made it very difficult to have the trucks offloaded in a timely manor or you would be written up is what we were threatened with. Poor management all in all. The most enjoyable part of the job was my 1 hour lunch break..
get to work and i'm always on belt. other than that nothing other the normal working standards. you get at least one break if your working a 4 hour shift. but its just a tactical job
It was an ok job but not fully for me. The job quality was not too bad but the tasks assigned to me were not very interesting in my personal opinion. This is a good job if you need a job ASAP but not the most preferred job.
This was my very first job and overall it was a pretty okay experience. Earned close to minimum wage due to a lack of experience but the management was extremely gracious in trying their best to let me earn as much as possible. Coworkers and general environment were friendly though the customers and work were occasionally tedious.