Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Selkirk, MB

Safe place to work . Labour job at starting approximately 6-7 years. Opportunities for growth. Every employee gets discount on every purchase. Lucrative share profit also.
Despite the fast pace and high volume of physically demanding labour, the managers always make sure to ask how you're doing and check on your well-being. Its a friendly environment where questions and concerns are welcome rather than ridiculed. Lots of room for advancement, job positions are available to employees a week before going public. Collaborative work, one is almost always paired up with another- rarely will you work alone for an entire shift. Great benefits include; reduced cell phone plan, 10% off storewide, flexible hours, health and dental plans, and more
Lots of different teams and departments to work in. Hours are not stable for hourly employees. Will increase around Christmas to full time and then go down to 2 shifts a week in January till about June.
Its a good job if you need something. Not bad if you need a goal in life either, Store Managers make good money. The work can be fast paced with either lots to do or nothing at all.
Amazing time period ......... Good management members especially the District Manager who was retired 3 months Ago.. ........ Collaboration with staff members. Fast paced environment Competition among very few numbers of staff team members...................
If you are looking for a flexible part-time employer this is the place for you. However, management is pretty bad and you will get a lot of BS thrown at you.
I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year) Pros Friendly ambiance Gained good communication skills Cons Management can be more helpful with the employees Advice to Management Can make it a more better workplace.
horrible experience. Not good management, bad job, unclean, bad pay, unfriendly, no action taken on complaints, instability, bad energy, unclean break area,
Cons
A typical day was busy but fun I learnt a lot about how things work in the store Management was okay most days Lots of cultures were working there the hardest part was trying to put shelves together in a busy aisle full of customers but always got the job done anyways the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with
Pros
Good pay to begin with
Cons
The way managers got mad over little things
Management sucks, hours are either way too much or you don't get any. Never a good balance. Cashiers forced to sell Mastercards or you get treated poorly for it (put on long tills, cashiers who sell Mastercards get put on short tills because they're easier). People you work with are generally okay people. Customers sucked.
Pros
Above minimum wage to start
Cons
Odd hours
managers were inflexible with hours, constantly changing my shifts and cutting hours. wanting me to provide full availability but they'd only give out minimum 12 hours a week. Managers rarely care about any associate problems. Was treated like a number not a person. No room for growth, hard to book days off. Id say half the customers were rude or crazy, very unpleasing to deal with. The videos on youtube called "people dressed weird at walmart" are true... you see things..
Pros
manditory breaks, vacation pay, and understanding to sickness
Cons
treated porley by customers/managent
Great part time job while in school. Co-workers are friendly, there is a strong team environment which is strongly promoted by management. Pay is competitive and work is easy but rewarding.
Very disorganized. Management rarely ever knows what to do when approached. They really want Walmart to be your number one priority in life. They try and pull fast ones and take advantage on teenage employees, important to know your rights as an employee. My manager admitted To me she did not know how to work in my department (one she looked over). It's very messy place to work.
Pros
Friends you make.
Cons
Managment
With the diversity of the management, no one was on the same page. It made it difficult when one manager could tell you things were to be done one way, while another says something different about the same task. It could get confusing. Overall it is a good job for someone's first or for occasional work
I would recommend this business to anyone. Fun place to work at very professional and easy going at the same time. Encourages furthering your education.
A typical day at work I manage all the cashiers and the customer service desk employees. I tend to all their inquiries, complaints, cash loans, audits and breaks. Even though I am their manager my co-workers are very friendly and we work well together. They look up to me and value my opinion and vise versa. The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with unsatisfied customers. I do everything in my power to make the customer satisfied, but occasionally they are asking for something I cannot accomplish. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the people I work with. We are a big family there and we all work well together.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
understaffed
it was a nice place to work and the people I worked with were very awesome I was sad to leave but I would go back.
Pros
discount card just for emploees
Cons
not enough hours
I enjoy my job. Is very busy and can get a little hectic at times. These are the best times, because then I really need to use my knowledge to figure out the various problems of the day.
Pros
I am able to do my job without anyone micromanaging me.
Cons
little room for advancement
getting my supplies ready for my routine. I start of collecting all the garbage in the store, after that I clean 5 bathrooms, that is 14 toilets, and 4 large sinks and 1 little sink. After I finish that I collect garbage again, then I clean the Lunch room Wipe tables and sweep the floor, also clean their garbage. What I learned is that life is not easy, that u have to work real hard . Management, are people just like me they have to do their jobs just like I have to do mine, they are good people. enjoy working with some of my coworkers. they hardest part of my job is keeping everything clean all the time. they most enjoyable part of my job ,is when a customer comes up to me and tells me I`m doing a real good job.
Pros
We have Profit sharing.and it`s nice working with people that you like.
Cons
not liking the hrs 11-7, wish my hrs were 7-3 instead.
I love working with people and really enjoyed the diversity of people who came through my till. I learned that retail can be really fun but hard on the body when standing for the whole shift. Management was there to address the problems in a timely manner.
Pros
working with a diversity of people both young and old.
Cons
standing for long peroids and not being able to have regular breaks and lunches.
Very labor intensive Not very much support from management when asked.