Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Hard to make a lot of money at Walmart, don't break your back working here, and you'll probably never get recognized for your good work only mistakes.
Pros
Easy to call in sick
Cons
Not too flexible and hard on the body
If you like organized chaos, and no progression this job is perfect. COVID-19 is the reason I stay, but first opportunity I am gone . Avoid if you can.
Pros
Snacks on pay day
Cons
Long hours, physically taxing, brain numbing work
Walmart was there to help me grow and was there when I was down in my life too. Unfortunately, personal matters happened and I need to quit my job. Now I am willing to move on with a different career.
Teamwork is the key element in Walmart. Management is not that friendly. Also, we are paid only the provincial minimum wage which is hard for us to meet the living cost.
Good workplace for beginners to gain experience in CSA , taught me lot about customer service, good environment, good benefits, multicultural employees, overall good experience
Love my job, my company. Great work/life balance of you can manage your time properly. Great experience from start to Finish, great opportunities to grow up within the company
They offer the option to buy stocks, and take part in profit sharing.Other than that, the culture supports the lazy and incompetent and is a toxic (mental health-wise) environment to grow. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Walmart is a good place to join as a part-timer. Show your skills and you have a good opportunity to grow. Management at Walmart is very good. You always work in healthy environment.
-Great team of people to work with -A positive work atmosphere -A lot of opportunities for advancement within the company -Great management -Associate appreciate month allows great discount on store items
It ok i am happy working at walmart. Beacaus near mu house and nice people and mangamet are very friendly. Hart part is when the customer was mad with out reason.
Good working environment and gives you time to do personal work while balancing with the job. Also, manager was very supportive and treated everyone equally.
Not sure how it is at other Walmarts, but at my location it can be extremely stressful. If you have a disability, you are not treated fairly by managers and customer service managers. I have been put down and disrespected for my disability. Nothing would be done because there are no witnesses. If there is, they won't step forward for fear of retaliation.
Walmart is one of Canada's top rated retail company with excellent work culture where people always ready to help each other. Management is so supportive and value its associates. It has been more than eight years since i joined this company and have enjoyed every moment of work at Walmart.
Very busy work place but its fun working with every employee and every people, very relaxed environment especially at Scarborough Town Center all the manager are all so cool
everyone is very helpful most times althought management can be hard to get a hold of and an average day is usually routined but you may have to deal with difficult customers
Poor management- Some associates work so lavishly that they don't care at all and management does not try to improve the equal work for everyone. A few associates are hardworking and passionate. Unfortunately, they also got paid equally with lazy associates. No appreciation or incentive for hardworking and passionate associates.
Pros
Relax and no monitoring.
Cons
Everything except pros.
I would never recommend anyone to work at Walmart. Biggest mistake of my life! Management is like Slave Drivers! not all but most Pay is not good! CSM (Customer Service Manager)just a title without a proper pay rate (just a bit over the minimum wage) - best to have a second or third job if you land a job at Walmart!
people are very friendly, there is a safe environment. everyone is able to solve the problems of the customers and satisfy the customers. workers cooperate with each other. its a busy Walmart and yearly good turn over.
The workers at Walmart are all great people, which is why it's a shame to see them treated so poorly by the management. Applied for a specific position but was told that i would have to work any department that the managers wanted me to.
Can’t move up in the company management can’t talk too no open door policy not paid enough for the work u do rude customers friendly staff not enough hours
Management team made it difficult. Employees were rarely ever felt like they were valuable to the final product. Employees always feel like they can replaced in a second.