Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Sault Ste. Marie, ON

Walmart is a fast paced place. The majority of staff are great to work with. Management is fine. Most days I enjoy working at walmart. Can be stressful during peak times.
Pros
Room for advancement, benefits, regular raises.
Cons
Not everyone has same work ethic. Stressful at peak times.
If you have no choice by all means apply but make sure you are still looking for other employment. Those coworkers that have stayed only complain staying. Management sucks For me they are very discriminating in EVERY aspect to many workers and labour bourd doesnt help or going to HR is worse.
Pros
10 per discount
Cons
High Discrimination and horrible managers
I did a work in Walmart but not for a long time. I did a work in sault are Marie (ontario) which is too far from Toronto. I moved to Toronto and Walmart shut down in that mall because of some reasons when I moved to Toronto.
Comfortable and focused management. Dedication level was necessary, time management was ensured by the management. Being polite with any customers. Always greet customers with a smile.
it was decent good place friendly staff clearned that people are messing - was a cleaner management - didn't care culture meh hardest part - dealing with people who don't care
Friendly environment, relaxed and competitive Best place to work at Walmart best management team Working in a team Cooperative, teamwork Really enjoyable
I learn many things such as time management, I was happy with my job, I don't felt any typical day on the job. Because at that time I just focus on the hardwork so that I make money and manage my all expenses.
Walmart is associate focused with incredible development opportunities and/or job security within the business. Relocation is available to associates and management to Walmart stores across Canada giving freedom to work in desired locations when openings arise.
Enjoyed working at this place of employment- it was challenging at times and gave me the opportunity to work in various positions during my years of employment.
I am still in the proccess of learning this job so I dont think this review would count. The fufillment position is probably the easiest position you could get here. There is social interaction but they will approach you. This job consists of unloading trucks, sorting and stocking. So pretty much there is always something to do. Speed is a major thing here, as long as you finish stocking at a decent amount of time their shouldn't be much of an issue. Summers are worst because you are wearing pants and workboots.
Pros
flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
often demanding performance
So many nice people to work with, extremely welcoming environment. Management is very involved with their employees and care how you are generally doing.
Managers are friendly and very approachable. Other associates are easy going and most are hard workers. Been a good experience working here for the most part.
Pros
Team mentality, friendly managers and associates, hours
Cons
Some clear disorganization
I don't know about the rest of the store but the manager of the automotive department showed way too much favoritism and when it came to schedules he gave the best hours to those who were in his little click.As a former manager and business owner I never showed favoritism I gave credit where credit was do.
Pros
great company discounts
Cons
split shifts
it's walmart. its a decent place to work, flexible hours usually and the people you work with usually end up being many a time the day goes great or bad.
Not enough training when promoted. Family fun place for almost 20 years. Hardest part was being restructured enjoyed my job and associates. Lots of turn over with new policies . Very hard to ask for help from Store managers.
Pros
Family friends and happy times most shifts.
Cons
Long hours not enough time to spend with family.
Working for Walmart for 4 years was a fantastic opportunity and because of management and opportunity at store #3155, I actually came to enjoy being a responsible person who went above and beyond and looked forward to new challenges, something that has stuck with me permanently
Was my first job, and one of my best. Although the customers werent always amazing, the coworkers and most management were very nice and worth it. just wish we did not have to push the mastercard so much.
I made a lot of friends while working and I loved the people I worked with. I believe that the managers could treat the staff better but the overall job was great.
The managers never know what they want done, they contradict themselves and pick favorites. Nothing ever gets done properly no one cares about health and safety procedures. The people are horrible. You won't get enough hours and the managers don't care about your availability. Don't work here.
Pros
always on your feet and having to pay attention to detail at work and focusing on the tasks at hand so they are done swift and on time. Group environment so must work as a team
Great co-workers, good environment, Generous breaks, lenient on time off as long as you have someone take your shifts and an overall great place to work.
Pros
Generous breaks
Cons
managers
  1. Sault Ste. Marie, ON