Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

Has a great working environment, with very helpful management staff. The typical day varied depending on the amount of work, sometimes very hectic and some times easy going.
I do dishwasher and server And a finish three months and move dishes to back of restaurant inside every day eight hours For per hour I wars get $13.
Walmart is a good company, Salary rate also good and it’s good for new peoples. Walmart management and associates are too good because they are friendly. So I appreciate for Walmart company and management. This is my Walmart. Love You Walmart...
Walmart has a fast paced working environment which I really enjoy. The management are very supportive. Flexible hours too especially with people like me who have 2 jobs. Dealing with customers is the hardest part yet its a great feeling to help and serve them. Walmart is a great place to work! I am happy to be part of this company!
Walmart provides free, paid, on the job training that is industry standard, simple and specific to each role. They allow job shadowing for trainees, have supportive supervisors and ongoing job evaluation. Easy computer based training. Very collegial work environment, great teamwork and safe workplace. Made lifetime friends. Flexible hours, but minimal pay/benefits. Recommended for students and anyone needing work experience and extra income without a stressful work environment. Walmart employs all suitable candidates regardless of age, race, gender, education, nationality, work experience etc..It is a very equitable and fair environment. Very respectful work culture. Employees also receive great customer service training and deliver great service.
the work is hard but the ppl are great and you get to learn how to survivor the real life. you get to learn how to work in fast pase. overnite co-worker cool.
I felt like I could never do anything right, the staff there were very negative to work with. Always calling me out in front of customers telling me I was wrong. I felt so humiliated on many occasions. The elearnings are ridiculous. And store management was a joke. Do NOT recommend.
it is a good place to start your first job. The pay is low. If you are a student and want to earn some money, then go for it. There is also chance for getting promotion, but the pay is low.
Individuals were recognized that had leadership skills and given responsibilities to match. Team leaders and supervisors were responsive to suggestions but had to work within time restraints and company policies.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Everyone works very hard . Upper management pushes hard to get work done with less people. Staff is very open and friendly .Customers don't appreciate the hard efforts you make
This is an excellent place to work if you can live on barely above minimum wage but most people need full time 40+ hours at minimum wage . Most ppl get 30 hrs a week.
Lots of great people to work with. Has a very fast paced work environment. Sometimes hard to maintain a good work life balance. Wages comparable to other retailers.
Constant management changes and turnover creates a very unstable environment for a place that already intentionally understaffs so upper management can earn their bonuses. Furthermore, the wages are low, the raises are highly conditional and often are lost by a 25 cent minimum wage hike.
Spent 1 year at Walmart Preston Crossing pushing carts for the customers. What a productive workplace to be involved with. Very fair with hours and scheduling.
Very nice coworkers and management was friendly and understanding, work wasn’t hard but it was the same thing over and over again so if you’re fine with that then it’s a good place to work
it was hard to fill the application and I feel confident it will be fun to work for Walmart. I am interested to the team work and the fun environment.
If you're just starting out with work, I would recommend Walmart, but do not hope for Walmart to ever benefit you in any way if you work for them. Do not think of this as a long term job either, if you are loyal to Walmart, they still will not be loyal to you.
Pros
Cons
Learned about customer service and Walmart work culture. Managers and Senior staff are very helpful and they allow new join candidate to grow and learn under there guidance.
When I worked, they were looking for more hours from me. Management can be unhelpful sometimes, but depends on who the manager is. Work environment is a little fast paced especially on weekends and closing shifts.
Overall, it wasn't a bad place to work if you enjoy working with minimal staff. Most days, you do the job of four people while getting snipped at by customers as to why there aren't more people around to help out. I did learn a lot, my patience and tolerance has definitely grown. I most enjoyed the people I worked with. They were a great bunch of people and if you can't have fun at work, then it makes for a really rough time.
it's a good slack job not to hard not to easy. only problem was the workers sucked.