Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Sarnia, ON

Fast paced during peak times both daily and accordingly to season. They do offer great benefits and security but you need to have a full-time position.
It was a non-permanent temporary job where I was able to make deliveries from online purchases to customers to their vehicles in the parking lot and it was a good experience
work culture is very diverse, a lot of work to do and at the same time my colleagues are nice and helpful. I am in OMNI department and I answer calls for online pick up orders. It's not stressful at all but I could get a lot of different queries from the costumers.
It was good experience for me to be able to work with good workers. Good department. Supportive manager. Hours are very less. Good coworkers. Good employee benefits
The workplace culture is pretty amazing and it is really good to work at Walmart. The things I learned while working are competitive skills, customer service and experience of Canadian work culture.
As a student you get flexible shifts and the managers are really helpful. Working is fun and not stressful at all since you get ample breaks in a shift.
The management wasn't too bad. You can get a fair amount of hours sometimes overtime(near holidays). The salary was decent abit over minimum wage at the time of start. It is a bit more secure then other full time minimum wage type jobs. I had a problem when I wanted to cut back my hours; because I felt I physically could no longer handle it and, was thinking about going back to school.
Good management. Understands employees need and act accordingly. . . , . . .
you get a ton of hours but with being in high school they would book me more then i was capable of working, easy to give away shifts but very poor management . Hard to find managers to speak to anyone. Very little work life balance, overall very draining job with no rewards
It is a good place to break into the world of work for a new comer to Canada. A friendly place with a very strong customer oriented corporate culture.
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Sometimes, very long hours without a break
My experience of working at Walmart has been amazing. As per my job requirement, I have to work as a cashier and self-checkout attendant, where I have to deal with hundreds of customers daily with their general as well as payment needs. This has induced in me customer services skills and I have proved myself successfully in it.
leadership politics,favoritism,not enhancing associates skills and abilities and not giving enough training for associates. A job is better than not having one.soooo
Pros
discount 10%
Cons
Management expects least
Walmart was very good to me. They gave me the opportunity to learn in many departments. I had lots of support from management to change directions with in the location.
the average work is difficult to keep up with the constant flow or freight to stock each day, it is rewarding to see people coming and going constantly, cause they know we are likely to have what they need on the shlf in one store. It is also nice to see a lot of a charity work the store helps, especially the Children Miracle Network where wo sponsor a young child and the family through their difficult time.
Pros
the job is always there.
Cons
the pay isn't the greatest in comparison to other occupations.
Had lots of fun unloading transport trucks. People that I worked with all pulled together to help each other when more than one truck arrived to be unloaded. Promoted to manager. I had a good work schedule but needed more staff with longer hours to complete tasks in the time required.
great benefits, great owners, great team leaders n managers , great learning experience for first time job opportunity, fast paced but great way to learn customer experience
Interesting part of the work was travel to different schools to promote Lambton College. Why students should choose lambton college as for career. Preparation for the events.
- Very energy consuming; yet always paid off with a decent meal and a ride home at the end of the night. - I learned how to work as a team, independently, and how to convert hard-work into a clean, safe, and well-taken care of place to work for everybody. - Management: Very well structured, for the most part: Store was always kept clean, did an amazing job of serving customers; yet employees were not always treated with fairness and equality. Mainly due to the fact different sections of the store were too seperated. This seemed to be based on treating varying employees unequally, according to not following the basic rules and procedures outlined in the store's policy. i.e. Unfairness of measured work effort to create varying and unbalanced paycheques. Other than this fact, breaks were relaxing and wonderful outside location to come and go from work at your own leisure.
Worked very hard for the company and got paid out for no reason at all. Never had even one discipline with this company. Confused. Worked at the Sarnia, Ontario location. After four years with the company they told me we needed to talk. They then gave me a severance letter with no reason for the dismissal. I later found out they had promoted someone of the opposite gender the same week they had let me go.
Pros
Two days off a week
Cons
No recognition
Was a great introductory job. Working at Walmart taught me a lot about myself as well as what I am looking for in a company that I want to dedicate my time to.
Supervision of associates Schedules Reviews Company program policies and procedures Hiring and disciplining Merchandising Food Safety Accident prevention
Pros
Associates
Cons
Work life balance