Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Salmon Arm, BC

Some managers not so professional. Due to staff shortage or not scheduled had to to cover different positions with little or no training. Staff shortage seemed to be an ongoing problem. A few dollars increase per hour may help to retain staff.
the only trouble we had in the few months i was there was a truck that had a little bit of everything on each pallet other then that it was ok. other then that trying to learn to stay up at nights
It is an ok place to work. They give you minimum wage. I work between 20 and 28 hours per week, normally. Next week, I am cut back to 18. Management is friendly, but do not answer questions. They just tell you to go to the computer.
Staff were nice to be around, learning the codes was a good challenge, and the break room parties were a lot of fun. I really miss working there and the people I worked with.
Pros
Discount and backroom events
Cons
short breaks, and poor management
Found they were very lenient when it came to training, to make you the best employee they could. Have not found a similar job than the Walmart at the Salmon Arm location.
very pore training raises are a joke work extremely hard for .50/hr raise (almost impossible to get) management is useless low chance of full time employment
Pros
10% discount after 3 months
Cons
no medical unless full time
a typical day was busy. I learned all the ropes of being a cashier. Management assisted in any way possible. the hardest part of the job was dealing with customers at times, but it was most enjoyable, too, meeting customers.
AS I start a typical day I like it to start new every day, with enjoyment and a positive attitude. Ivè learned this is a good thing because if your last day wasn`t good you don`t bring that bagage with you. Management is improtant, and has great responsibility and must excell in a team enviorment. The hardest part of the job is filling out the application, it`s always hard to know just what to say. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the job and doing your best to fullfill it.
Pros
Free, lunch, snacks and bonus.
Cons
Start: Open customer service desk. Learned: How to work at a fast pace while dealing with difficult and sometimes rude customers. Management out of touch with day to day operations at associate level. Workplace: Very busy and usually understaffed. Tough part: Having to wear 2 or 3 different hats during any given day (customer service desk, cashier and re-stocking) to keep ahead. Best part: Enjoying the friendly and fun banter with majority of customers.
Pros
Work with and meet very interesting people.
Cons
Typical big box store operation being controlled and managed from Head Office elsewhere.
Probably the worst company I worked for in all of my careers. Hours are crazy (but that is retail these days). No real on hands training, and most training modules out of date. Management team are inexperienced and most sit on their high horse. Lack of respect and trust. Disorganized company. No real future and no real advancement opportunities for most. It was just a part time fill for me, as I am retired. Would probably never go back and would not recommend anyone for employment with this company.
The people are great to work with and helping customers is great. If you want a part-time job just for fun or a little extra cash. This is a good job.
Pros
Able to increase hours voluntarily
Cons
Shift changes to much. No room to advance.
Typical day was good, everything was great. The management and staff were awesome. Hardest part of the job was the holiday rush but it was manageable.
Walmart is the ideal starting job for a young male/female looking for their first job. The environment is very welcoming and management ensures you are comfortable with every job at task before letting you tackle it on your own.
Pros
Welcoming manner.
Cons
No full-time option for most employees.
was a good job pay rate benefits where great I don't know why I left the job. was the easiest work ive ever done in my life.great crew to work with also
Pros
was close to home
Cons
night time
schedule sucks, no life work balance. I loved the fast paced environment. management is ok, hard to get things done as often short staffed. If schedule was better I would consider staying at this job longer
I think Walmart could have done more for me considering i have a disability.. i do like working alone and i get along with others very well.. i like to have fun and work at same time
Pros
free coffee
Cons
extremely short staffed which makes us work twice as hard
During my time at the Salmon Arm Walmart Supercentre, while short due to changes in living situation, I was able to work at a solid pace and was given the liberty of initiating and completing tasks by myself, and with communication from coworkers about tasks that still needed to be completed. My job in Electronics was to provide excellent customer service to shoppers, discuss products that shoppers inquired about and explain differences between specific products; in the Photo Centre, as it was attached to Electronics, it was our duty to provide the best service possible, make sure all photo orders were properly organized and filed for later pick-up, and assist customers when necessary on the Kodak Picture Kiosks. I learned what to do with overstock, such as how to place overstock in lock-ups in an organized and efficient manner, and how to create and place a variety of price tags and price changes throughout the department. The management team took into careful consideration any concerns/issues/areas of improvement colleagues suggested and discussed, regardless of position and seniority, which is always a very positive thing. If at any time there was something going on outside of work, the management team took time out of their shifts to listen and suggest positive advice -- this is very key as while it is an employee's duty to leave home problems behind the entrance doors of their jobs, it can be very difficult to, and I appreciated this greatly. My team of co-workers were varied by personalities and work ethic, and I appreciated them all uniquely; the team I worked with - more...
Pros
The team of employees working together, the management and their incredible work ethic and dedication to their employees, the opportunities of moving up in the store and the company, the benefits of working for the company.
Cons
Limited part time hours
It was pretty good. A little unorganized at times. But you got to meet lots of knew people
good company to work with good crew there for night stocking to easy of a job