Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Rockland, ON

- I learned to work better independently and as a team (when needed) - it gave me a great way to work on initiative seeing as there were times we, as employees, were left to our own devices, but still expected to complete our tasks - the environment is very friendly - the job is definitely student friendly
at first it was the best Job ever! untill they put me as Dept manager told the manger if this dosent work you puting back as maintenance he said yes,WRONG! the put me in the back as instock.ever since i havent been back as maintenance i havent been okay about it.Had no chose to stay nothing in a small town.
Personally not my favourite job. Easy job to maintain for students. Minimum salary for minimum work somedays the job is underpaid. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some rude customers
It's a fast pace environment, learned a lot of great skills in my time working there. Management was great and usually on top of things, and made sure tasks were delegated properly. I enjoyed how the team was more like a family and how well everyone worked together.
For 4 years, I've been a cashier with a great customer service, fast and friendly. Now, as a fashion processor, I've learned how to process in the back-room, to be even more organized within placing the products on the sales floor. I have a good time management to finish my tasks. Although, the communication needs work, since our team in the back-room are not aware of all the changes on the sales floor, we need more communication between the morning staff and the evening staff. The hard part of my position is to make room for the new clothing on the sales floor, for example: scanning all the clearance clothes to be move elsewhere for the new clothes to take place.
Pros
great colleagues to work with
Cons
technical problems with some of the tools
The job is basic, but it keeps you on your toes and there's always something new happening. The managers really did their best to accommodate me. I learned better how to manage my time and deal with stressful situations. I also learned how to work at a team and with different personalities to get the best outcome possible.
walmart is a good place to work for student mostly because you are garanteed hours , and they are always there to help you if you need help with something and the associate and managers are good
I was a cashier and had many issues regarding scheduling. My manager would schedule me outside of my availability and would often have to lose out on hours because they didnt schedule me properly.
under paid and under appreciated. no matter how hard you work you get paid the same amount as someone who doesn't carry their own weight. I had little difficulty working at Walmart and almost always finished my work on time. and if I didn't I would always stay later until the job is done.
Pros
breaks were nice
Cons
pays terribly
Favoritism is common, work is very physically demanding and not rewarding. Deadlines are steep and everyone must rush to meet them while picking up the slack of others. Very hard to advance to a better position if you are not a favorite.
TYPICALLY , it was an okay place to work but management was sexist towards females. the atmosphere was good though because employees were nice and easy to get along with.
A normal day at work in the 8am to 4pm shift i worked was getting the rest of the packing done if we had a skid I would go to the freezer and take care of it. Good work environment and lots of positive people. Made a lot of nice friends. Management was hit or miss depending on the manager and how they personally felt towards you. Hardest part would be having to catch up on the morning person if they didn't do their job.
I am always greeted with a smile and an how are you today. I will serve the customer politely and have a small conversation with them since we are the last person that the customer see before leaving the store so we as cashier we try our best to make it a great experience for them so they can come back since they enjoyed how we treated them.
Pros
Long Hours, Give breaks and lunches (depends what shift you have)
Cons
Feet and back hurts for standing to long on cash
this used to be a great place to work, I have heard nothing good about this place in the past few years when it comes to how they are treated.
I've gained quite a few helpful skills in this placement that I wouldn't have from sitting around the house, including giving a much-needed boost to my social skills which was my most feared part of working in the service/retail industry. A typical work day would be riding the bus to school, hopping a second bus to the store and walking my aisles, looking for any customer in need of assistance and doing so to the best of my knowledge and ability. Aside from that, I would set up merchandise displays and restock existing ones, along with the occasional trip to the waste compactor to dispose of extraneous cardboard. The working environment was decent. My co-workers were great to be around, but the locker room conditions left a bit to be desired, giving off a wrecked, grungy look to the place. It seems they only ensure the storefront is clean - the layers of dust on the furniture and computers in the break room could be seen a mile away and holes were punched in the lunch table with gross substances often visible from the outside-in. Overall, working at Walmart (this one anyway) was a mostly pleasant experience, at least much better than I'd expected, and the customers were as well. I wouldn't trade this first job for anything, because it perfectly defined what I was good at and accentuated and propelled what I wasn't. I'll always be grateful for it.
Pros
Simple objectives, solid hours, pleasant co-workers and customers.
Cons
Staff rooms could use cleaning up
A typical day as a clothing associate for Walmart included a lot of putting things back on hangers and then placing them to their specific section. If you worked in the clothing department you were also required to be responsible for the jewelry counter, which included making sure everything was locked at all times and doing an inventory check. During the course of this job I learned how to be an independent worker through the various responsibilities. I was often the only employee in the clothing department in the evenings and would be closing, therefore I was responsible for making sure the department was up to par. The most difficult part of the job was making sure that all the various shelves of clothing and the racks were neat and tidy, because throughout the day they would get quite messy as customers looked through them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently and having the freedom to take lunches/breaks when I wanted to as opposed to having someone schedule them out for me.
I had a lot of fun working in Wal-Mart. they have great fatigue matts that are better then other places I have worked at. The co-workers where great the management was great. I would like to work at one again :)
nice place to work for part time job, no stress at all and very comprehensive management
Pros
a lot of fun, easy job, cool manager
Cons
salary
i love to be cashier learn stuff. People was great to me treat very well i had fun
Pros
discount card
Cons
good long hours
scan and bag items while doing the occassional price match as well as handling customer complaintsdoes not have a good management systemfun co-workersstanding still for long periods of timetalking to customers and co-workers
Pros
full-timers have benefits
Cons
a lot of customer complaints; mediocre managers