Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Richmond Hill, ON

Very active, there's so many things to do all the time. The flexibility in schedule is an advantage. Team work is a key and the atmosphere is very warm and friendly.
Fast-paced learning culture with personal growth and opportunity to make life long friends. Walmart colleagues are kind and humble. They make you comfortable and help you learn on the job.
I will make it ensure that all department are fully stocked with merchandise according to floor plans. I make sure that the items is in the right modular or right location.
It Was A bit hard at first to get use to the job but eventually with time i figured it out & was not a problem. also the management was not bad staff.
Multi cultural work environment and good management is what I found at Walmart. We enjoyed different nationalities and learned a lot about other cultures through working at Walmart
Very laid back management. HR great! Not too bad customers.good benefits for part time employee. Down side Not enough hrs though only 12 hrs per week.
Walmart was a good first employment experience. I stocked shelves, did some cashier work, i worked in the garden centre and loaded bags of soil into people's cars.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
not enough hours
Staff was pretty nice along with very accommodating in terms of schedule. Everyone in the end of the day wants to make money and get the job done as expected.
Environment is good, respect for employees. Healthy culture, salary is not great. Chances of improvement. But lot of work. Employee is sometimes overburden with work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Decent place to work. You make well above minimum wage. You get breaks and lunches. Hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and not being able to depend on your assistant managers to back you up on policy when you have a difficult customer. Most enjoyable part of working here is the work culture, you make a lot of friends if you're young.
A typical day at work would be interacting with customers, providing customer service, merchandising, and delivering the product.The workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part of job is when you don't have a product on hand or when there is not enough staffing.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Walmart was a fun, team oriented, friendly atmosphere, They were helpful in my first few weeks there, made me feel apart of the family, i was unloading/loading truck and also organizing the products in stock.
Good experience working as a relief pharmacist. I enjoyed working in Pharmacy. Stick with college policy and no stress full atmosphere. Good benefit and positive approach
Gives you the freedom to take your job as far as you choose. Managers are very helpful and reward you for consistent good behaviour and work ethic. Work culture is kinda boring, but not too difficult.
given 40 hour weeks in the summer 8 days straight, understaffed and hard working conditions. Many employees there were not interested with their jobs.
Do not value outside experience. Not sure why I am being asked to do this involuntarily. It was a good place to work. I would return. Thank you so very much.
You have to be available at all times meaning to serve the customers at any time and to be so flexible on this matter. • Assist customers in the processing of transactions through the self-checkouts and provide exceptional customer service to ensure a positive shopping experience and drive customer loyalty. • Provides excellent Customer service through: Greeting all customers as they approach the self-checkout area in a polite and friendly manner, Moving to the outside of the self-checkout area, when possible, to invite Customers to use the self-checkouts, Educating customers on the correct and efficient use of a self-checkout, when applicable.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
low salary
It was a good experience to gain and helped me gain a better understanding of customer service and taught me how to deal with customer related problems and issues.
Love working at walmart surrounding with great people. However, not a job for life, can't make enough for living. Learned a lot about over-the-counter product.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no paid lunch
Gained knowledge in wireless industry, enjoyed working with the multi culture environment, learned auditing, and also gain experience in the operations of the organisation like inventory management, coordinating with representatives of network providers for smooth flow of organisation.
Mostly I work at afternoon shift . I learned how to communicate and deal with customers, problem solving , handling large amount of money , manage cashiers , be organized and be polite and nice. Very understandable manager and always listen to our comments and requirements. I went thorough with very nice co-workers . The hardest and enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers .